Aromatherapy is one of the popular alternative therapies used in treating number of health problems. Aromatherapy oils are natural plant oils and because of their gentle way of healing, they can be used in many different ways. You can choose to use them in your bath, for massage or in preparing a number of home remedies. Below are few home remedies for common health problems.
Aromatherapy oils in various home remedies –
1. For cellulite – Make a blend a four drops of juniper, four drops of fennel and four drops of lemon oils in 4 fl oz (100 ml) of a carrier oil. Massage this into the cellulite affected areas daily after your bath, when the skin is warm and receptive.
2. For sunstroke – Add four drops of juniper, four drops of fennel and four drops of peppermint oil to a cool bath. Soak for 15 minutes. Then, rub a little neat lavender oil into your temples at regular intervals. The bath will help to reduce your temperature and the lavender oil helps your headache.
3. Dry or cracked lips – Make up a carrier oil of 2 fl oz (50 ml) apricot kernel oil and 2 fl oz (50 ml) of avocado oil. Add six drops of sandalwood and six drops of rose oil. Rub this to the lips, repeating the application regularly.
4. For sunburn – f the sunburned area is small, apply the lavender oil and repeat as necessary. If the area is large, add twenty drops of lavender oil to a cool bath and soak for 10-20 minutes. You can make a soothing spray by adding 10 drops of lavender oil to 1 pint (300 ml) of cool, clean water.
5. Small cuts – Apply lavender or tea tree oil to the cut. These are both antiseptic and don’t sting.
Disclaimer: This article is not meant to provide health advice and is for general information only. Always seek the insights of a qualified health professional before embarking on any health program.
Read more about aromatherapy, ayurveda, yoga and massage therapy at Natural cures website – a health guide to make you and your family live better, fit and healthy. Also read the benefits of anti-aging herb Shilajit and stress relieving herb Ashwagandha.