Mosquito bites are so annoying, the itching and scratchy accompanied by the fat red bump. The reason why a mosquito bite makes us itch is because the mosquito leaves behind its toxic saliva after dining on the human blood. However, we are blessed with so many natural cures that discomforts such as mosquito bites become trifle problems. There are many herbal remedies and natural ways to reduce the itching and redness of a mosquito bite. Some of them are:
2. Aloe Vera: Aloe vera is an excellent home remedy for many everyday ailments and yes it helps in treating a mosquito bite as well. Aloe vera gel is helpful in reducing the swelling and itchiness caused due to mosquito bite. The aloe vera gel also provides a cooling effect around the affected area. You can use aloe vera gel directly from the plant; however, aloe vera gel is also available in herbal stores and online stores now.
3. Soap bar (dry) This is another handy home remedy to cure mosquito bite. Rub a dry soap bar on the mosquito bite as this will help in providing quick but temporary relief in itching. Do wash the area after the mosquito bite is gone to remove any soapy residual left behind. For better effect use a soap with peppermint oil in it.
4. Baking Soda: Another simple home cure to treat mosquito bite. Make a thick paste by mixing baking soda in little water. Apply this paste on the mosquito bite. You will feel lot better in a short while itself. If you have rose water handy then use it instead of water for extra cooling effect.
5. Toothpaste: Toothpaste is one of the handiest items you will find around your house. Apply a small amount of natural peppermint or even neem based toothpaste on the mosquito bite. As soon as the itchiness is gone wash off the toothpaste properly.
6. Onion: A simple slice of onion has more healing power than one can imagine, it even helps in healing a mosquito bite. Place a fresh slice of onion on the mosquito bite and remove after some minutes after the itching has subsided. Do wash the area properly afterwards.
7. Essential oils Nature has provided us with some many herbs that have so many benefits. Some of the natural essential oils helpful in easing discomforts caused by mosquito bite are tea tree, neem, witch hazel, cedar oil, rosemary and lavender. Take a drop of any of the essential oil in a shallow spoon and add very little water to it to dilute it, and then apply it on the mosquito bite. You can also mix essential oil in any base oil like almond oil.
8. Honey: Take a small amount of honey and apply it like an ointment on the mosquito bite. Honey s rich in many anti microbial components that is helpful in avoiding any infection. If possible use raw fresh honey.