Everyone must have experienced talking to a person who has an extraordinarily stinky breath . The smell is so bad that you just want to end the conversation immediately. But if the person you’re speaking with is not aware of his or her stinking breath then your defense mechanisms start to unravel. You tend to step back, scratch your nose, pro-actively offer candies or simply make excuses that you’re late for your appointment.
Bad breath is the foul smell coming out of a person’s mouth. There are cases wherein the smell is emanating from the person’s nose. This condition is also known as bad breath. Since fresh breath is critical to one’s success, it is important to find appropriate remedies to cure any breath problems.
There are proven home cure that can curb bad breath. These treatments can improve one’s condition immediately. Here are useful tips that you can use to improve your breath condition:
1. Drink plenty of water. Water removes any food particles left in the mouth. Keep in mind that food stuck in between teeth and gums is the best source of bad bacteria. They feed and multiply on these food particles.
2. Avoid [spin]dry mouth. If you noticed, when you have dry mouth that’s when you really smell the true odor of your breath. This is especially true for people who drink lots of coffee. Their mouth is so dry that coffee mixed with bad bacteria has a lethal stench combination. Remember that fresh fruits are the next best source of hydration. You need to moisturize your mouth tissues to avoid the growth of bad bacteria.
3. Clean your teeth at least three times a day. Floss everyday to remove any food particles stuck in between teeth. Also, make sure you have a tongue scraper to eliminate the whitish or yellowish matter on your tongue. Bacteria thrive on those matter. It is also vital to use mouth wash after cleaning one’s mouth to ensure that 99.9% of the bad bacteria are killed. Maintain these habits and you will surely have an exemplary oral hygiene.
4.Visit your dentist for your regular dental check up. Your dentist is the perfect person to confide regarding your bad breath issues. He or she can easily check any plaque formation, tooth decay or gum problems that may be causing the foul odor in your breath.
5. If you’re wearing dentures make sure you clean them with antiseptic solution every night .
6. Change your diet. Abstain from eating steak, chicken, dairy products and other food that is rich in protein. It is best to eat fiber rich food since they help clean the mouth walls as well. Thus, eradicating the growth of harmful bacteria in your mouth.
7. If you really cannot avoid smoking, alcoholic drinks and spicy food make sure you have mints, gum (sugar free) and mouth sprays handy. These products will be convenient especially when the situation does not allow you to brush your teeth. Keep in mind that these products provide temporary cure only.
It is necessary that you pay serious attention to your breath. You don’t want to be excluded just because your breath stinks. Treatments are available everywhere. There is no reason for you to become a social pariah.