How to Produce More Semen: Miracle Foods That Help
Posted Dec 14 2012 7:06am
It is important when trying to conceive, not only for the mother-to-be, but for the future daddy as well, to plan and follow a healthy diet. The quantity and quality of the sperm is crucial for a successful conception of a healthy child. So, here are some diet and lifestyle ideas for improvement of the sperm.
Some healthy tips on how to produce more semen: miracle foods that help
Men at 45 or older, who eat more antioxidants, tend to have better quality and more sperm than those who don’t get enough tomatoes and broccoli for example. Here is some information on how to produce more semen: miracle foods that help.
The sperm’s DNA quality improves if more Vitamin C and E, zinc and folate (a vitamin B found naturally in food) are added to their diet. According to a research performed by “Fertility and Sterility” Journal, the DNA strands will be stronger, with fewer strand breaks. This generally means that the sperm is healthier and more fertile.
The men over 45 years with the more preserved DNA strands registered a greater daily intake of Vitamin C, Vitamin E, folate and zinc too. They even took larger quantities than the daily recommended doses. This correlation was found for the middle aged and older men only. No such correlation was found between the sperm’s DNA quality and the intake of minerals and vitamins among the younger participants in the study though, possibly because younger bodies are not under such oxidative stress, as the older ones.
Still, even though the findings don’t say that taking these antioxidants will cure infertility, it is recommended for men’s overall health especially with aging to eat oxidant rich and nutritious food. Vitamin C rich foods include: lemons and citruses, tomatoes, peppers; Vitamin E rich foods are: leafy greens, such as spinach, broccoli, as well as nuts and oils. To get the necessary recommended dose of zinc, men should eat more seafood, dairy, nuts and meat.
Walnuts are said to improve the sperm quality by a study done at the UCLA, in which young men were given 75g of walnuts on a daily basis for a period of 3 months, and those participants showed an actual increase in the numbers and motility of their sperm, as compared to the other study group which didn’t receive the walnuts. Of course, a rule for all men in this study was to keep a healthy overall diet and lifestyle as well.
And here is a list of miracle foods that help increase sperm quality and quantity
Foods which are known to improve sexual performance, and improve the sperm quality are
• Celery – raw celery contains the male hormone androsterone and increases the libido and performance.
• Oysters contain dopamine. Omega-3 fatty acids and zinc, so they are excellent food to boost the testosterone and sperm production.
• Avocados are rich in folic acid and Vitamin B, which also boosts hormone production in men.
• Garlic is known to boost the blood circulation to the sexual organs.
• Eggs are also rich in Vitamin B, which increase the production of male hormones too.
• A Vitamin B Folic acid is very important to keep the sperm’s chromosomal structure intact – it is contained in the dark leafy green veggies, beans and many fruits.
• The bromelain enzyme in bananas is also said to help with male impotence.
• Dark chocolate is rich in antioxidants, thus also improves the production of sperm. If you prefer it, Juice from pomegranate is another powerful antioxidant useful for boosting sperm production.
• Pumpkin seeds are another excellent sperm count boosting food. Rich in omega-3 fatty acids it improves and increases blood circulation to the sexual organs. If you are not a fan of pumpkin seeds you can always get those omega-3 fatty acids from salmon, sardines or nuts.
• Beans will improve and increase testosterone levels too.
• Fruits and vegetables rich in antioxidants, such as berries, apples, carrots, artichoke, red grapes, etc. The antioxidants will protect the sperm from being damaged, and will keep it strong and moving.
• Vitamin C is crucial for the motility of the sperm, so fruits like: lemons, oranges, strawberries are perfect for that.
• Vitamin E is the one which keeps the sperm alive, so increase the intake of olive oil and other vegetable oils.
• Vitamin A keeps the sperm vital and non-sluggish, so apricots and red peppers are a must for men who want to improve their sperm quality.
To keep the sperm healthy, men should avoid: alcohol, junk food, coffee and caffeine as well as fish with high mercury content (shark, swordfish, etc.).
If you follow this advice on how to produce more semen: miracle foods that help can help you become more fertile and hopefully help you conceive a healthy child soon.