Here are my tips to avoid putting on the extra holiday pounds!
1) Portion control: This is a holiday killer. Who wants to practice portion control on the holidays?! This is what you do...feel free to load up your plate with the goods BUT make sure you leave some space in between dishes so you can actually see the bottom of your plate. This way you can eat what you want and not be the person with the plate piled high.
2) Snack: before you leave for your holiday dinner/party, eat 6 six almonds. Just six. They will satisfy you just enough so you're not stuffing your face with appetizers and not the first in line for dinner.
3) Workout: After the holidays, everyone goes back to their gym routine. I can't even begin to tell you how packed my gym is during the month of January. If you're smart, you'll start NOW. If you're really anti working out then stop wasting your money on taxi's and start walking.
4) Office treats: It's so hard to resist the homemade cookies your co-worker brought in. You know you shouldn't eat it but you want to be polite. Here's what you do: It is also hard to resist the amazing holiday candy that is sitting around the office. Don't even go there! If the candy dish is near your desk, move it far far away from you! If it's in front of you, you will eat it!
5) Hydrate (great tip from my friend Becky): There are so many yummy holiday drinks and of course fun parties! Enjoy yourself but make sure you stay hydrated and drink lots of water before, during, and after you booze. It will help with hangovers, excess sodium, and and dry skin.
6) Desert: Yes, you can eat desert. I am a firm believer of not depriving yourself of your favorite foods, especially during the holidays. Here's what you do: choose ONE deserts and enjoy every single bite. This tactic is SO hard because you want to try all of the deserts so think carefully and choose your favorite one. This way, you are not depriving yourself but you are also not binging at the desert table.
I hope these tips help you during the holidays. Feel free to share your personal holiday survival tips by commenting below.
Have a great day!!!!!