Mine was full of challenges and character-building events. It was tough not having my husband for a better part of the year, but I’m so fortunate that his deployment was cut short and he was home before Christmas.
For kicks, I went back to see what my goals were for 2011. Let’s see what was done and/or attempted:
1) Practice more yoga: Um, yeah, I did maybe one or two yoga for runners on YouTube. Definitely not the practice I was looking for.
2) Incorporate more strength training: Probably not enough to make a huge difference, but I do upper body workouts every now and then.
3) Make a new dish at least 3 or 4 times a month: I do think I was more adventurous in the kitchen this year. But mostly when it came to baking. I’m getting so much better!
4) Run another half marathon and PR:DONE! I ran the Run to Remember in May and I PR’d by 4 minutes!
5) Save as much as possible while David is gone:DONE! We have enough for a significant down payment on a house. Woo!
6) Volunteer at more races: I volunteered for the Harpoon 5 miler and had a ton of fun. I would love to do that again.
For this next year, I’m not going to make any resolutions. I just want to enjoy 2012 as it comes. David and I are looking for a house, I’m running my 4th half marathon in February, and David and I might sign up for another marathon for the fall.
To start of the New Year, David and I went to a college friend’s place for a party. It was such a great time!!
Love, love, love my friends! I really hope there’s more time with them in 2012 too.
Due to scheduling issues at work, this morning I was not able to participate in the Polar Plunge in South Boston. My husband, sisters in law and brother in law did go and although it look frickin’ freezing, it looked like a ton of fun too. I’m glad I was able to raise money for a great cause and I hope that I can do it next year.
How was your New Year’s weekend? Anything exciting for you in 2012?