Heal A Spider Bite With Natural And Herbal Remedies
Posted Mar 27 2011 10:26am
Spider bites are not harmful. But they can cause lot of irritation, allergic reaction, burning sensation, rash, fever, swelling as well as nausea. Spiders such as black widow as well as the brown recluse are particularly harmful and you must keep an eye out for them in case they happen to bite you. If you have spiders often crawling in and around your house then you must know about some of the natural home cures, they are quick and effective.
2. (): Take few basil leaves and make a paste of the same. Apply the paste on the area of the bite to reduce the inflammation. In India this plant is very popular and can be found in every second household. You can also grow Basil in your kitchen garden.
3. and Olive Oil: Mix half a teaspoon of turmeric powder in little olive oil to make a paste. Apply this paste on the spider bite to reduce the symptoms. You can use this paste twice or thrice in a day till the bite is healed completely.
4. Vegetable and lavender essential oil: Take one teaspoon of lavender essential oil and mix it in one tablespoon of vegetable cooking oil. Apply this mix gently on the spider bite, this mix will give you relief from pain and swelling within a short while.
5. Charcoal: Make a paste of charcoal by mixing it with water and apply it on the spider bite. This method is extremely helpful in removal of venom from the bite.
6. Tea tree oil cream You can apply a cream with five percent tea tree oil to ease the symptoms of spider bite. You can also apply this cream to heal insect bites, cuts, rashes and sunburn. So, keeping this cream handy will serve many purposes.
7. Potatoes: Potatoes are extremely beneficial in easing the burning sensation associated spider bite. Take a slice of potato and apply it directly on the spider bite. You can keep the slice in the freezer for ten minutes for better results. Tie this potato to the affected area with a bandage. Potato helps in removal of venom and healing the bite.
8. Yellow dock herb: Yellow dock is a blood purifier and is helpful for many ailments related to the skin. Have as much yellow dock tea as you can. You can also take a herbal capsule of yellow dock herb every hour till the symptoms are eased out.
9. Toothpaste: If you cannot find any of the above things then the easiest way to get relief from the itchiness is by applying toothpaste on the bite.
10. Homeopathic remedy: Apis Mallifica, 30x reduces redness, pain and stinging. Cantharis 30c heals bee or wasp stings. Carbolicum acidum 30c is beneficial in avoiding allergic reactions in case of black widow spider bite as well as bee sting. urtica urens 30c eases itching, burning and pain.