Purposeful Pathway is the haven for faith-based entrepreneurs. Part of my mission is equipping faith-based businesses with information that is practical, actionable and Scriptural.
The theme of this post is shaking things up!
God has been gracious to remind me that business and life are intimately interrelated, just as are the mind and body and spirit. A shift in one area creates a shift in all areas.
When we experience stagnancy in business, “shaking things up” not only on the business front but also in the personal front can bear amazing business fruit. We see new opportunities, our creative juices flow and our joy begins to burgeon.
How can we shake things up to boost our faith-based businesses? Here are seven practical and powerful ways.
1. Drive a new route. Take the scenic way. Dare to get lost. Savor new sights. Discover new territory. Experience new beauty. This seemingly small step can provide a powerful boost in creativity and joy.
2. Find new foods. Be intentional about buying new a food every time you shop. Go ahead and buy that vegetable with the tongue-twisting name that you have yet to try. Look up ways to prepare it. Pick out that exotic fruit. Experiment with that recipe that has long intimidated you. Treating the taste buds opens up the “taste” of the heart to new ideas and insights in all areas, including our businesses.
3. Have fun with furniture. Create a new perspective by moving your desk, your couch or your dining room table. Moving furniture is an effective yet inexpensive way to create a new look and inspire a new view.
4. Donate with delight.Letting goof things is a powerful way to shake things up and bust through stagnancy. Bless others in giving them what they need by donating what you no longer want. “Whoever is generous to the poor lends to the Lord, and he will repay him for his deed.” (Proverbs 19:17)
5. Be a tourist in your town. Walk the scenic trails, explore the state forests and preserves, and visit the historical sights. Being a tourist in your town or city opens your eyes to the treasures in your own back yard (and in your own business).
6. Connect the dots. Reconnect with old friends and connect with new ones. Relationships are remarkable sparks for joy and creativity…and wonderful windows to opportunity!
7. Wonderfully worship. Find new ways to worshipthe Lord. Take your quiet time to a mountain top. Infuse your devotionals with music. Sing the psalms. Dance with delight before Jesus. Finding new and wonderful ways to worship deepens your gratitude, increases your blessing and strengthens your connection with the Almighty!
We are created to flow and to be in movement. “The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit.” (John 3:8) So go ahead and shake things up to inspire your soul!
If you need help with this process, I would be happy to assist you. A healthy business involves health all around: body, mind and spirit. Join 3D Vitality Biblical Health Coach Ann Musico and me in a powerful journey for transforming your body, your business and your life here.
Let’s pray. Faithful Father, we call on You to rekindle the creativity in our lives. Help us to shake things up as we follow the lead of Your Spirit. Help us to open our eyes to new sights, our minds to new insights, our hearts to new inspiration. Fill us, Father, to overflowing with Your Spirit that we may bring glory to You in all we do. We savor every step with You on this purposeful pathway. It’s in Jesus’ Name that we pray. Amen.
Income. Impact. Inspiration. Pave your Purposeful Pathway.