"The only limits you have are the limits that you believe."
Dr Wayne Dyer
I have been doing a lot of reading and studying on the topics of success, law of attraction, achieving goals and living more fully. I have come to understand that there are 2 important things about achieving your goals, there is an easy way and a hard way.
The hard way is to work really hard, obsess about your goals, stress about your goals, micromanage your goals and force your goals to happen.
The easy way comes when you know what your goals are, you are intent and focused on your goals and then you surrender your goals to the Universe or your higher power. Then everything you need to make your goals comes true just happens to show up for you when you need it, effortlessly, this is what is meant by living in the flow of abundance. You allow things to happen, unfold and create instead of forcing them into existence. Remember being single and wanting that special person to show up for you... you tried everything possible to make it happen, you forced it and what happened, he or she never arrived. It was not until you said, I am giving this to God, I am happy as I am, I love my life as it is, and let go, stopped trying to force it, that is when that special person arrived, right on schedule.
Here are some tips to surrendering your goals to the universe:
1) Spend time visualizing your goals coming true. Be specific and definitive in your demands. The more specific you are in your details and vision, the easier it will be for the right things and people to come to you. Choose exactly what it is you want and then see your self as already having it or it already being true. This is tricky for most people, so find ways to get into the now.
2) Practice positive affirmations about you and your goals. Starting with "I am so happy and grateful now that..." is always helpful to put you in the mindset of gratitude, joy and reception. powerful and simple. For more ideas on affirmations, visualizations, effective goal writing, see Acquired Hope book.
3) Be grateful for all that you already have. Be grateful for all that is coming to you, your goal, even though it has not yet happened. Live in the knowing that is it happening to you now.
4) Declare your intention and feed it with emotions. Positive thoughts cultivate positive emotions and raise your vibrational energy to that of co-creation. Spend as much of your time as possible riding positive thought vibrations and energies. The power players and real co-creators are terrific at this. Make sure your goal is in alignment with your purpose , this will make it easy to stay on track and attach emotions to your goal.
5) Cultivate your intuition. I have heard many times, Prayer is when we talk to God, our intuitive factor is when God talks to us. Spend time developing and cultivating your intuition. When you feel that instinct or nudge to do something, follow it, act on it.
6) Action is required in order to obtain any goal. You can visualize all day long, but if you do not include action in your process, nothing can come to you. Action is the last part of the law of attraction, look closer at the word: attraction, even "action" is included in the "attraction". Opportunities will come to you from a larger view, your job is to act on them. As Orpah once said, success occurs when opportunity and preparation meet. Act now.
"Within you is the kingdom of serenity that can create all of the prosperity you could ever want." Dr. Dyer
Live as a co-creator and this process becomes your way of being!