Hola!! So before I ramble on about my latest crazy-like person obsessions I first want to tell you about something spectacular that happened yesterday!!! Are you excited??? How about a picture of a cute googly eyed pug FIRST:
Artie the Pug as a wee Puglet! He is now being taken care of by my awesome cousin Robin! <3
HAHAHA! Don't worry… he has grown into his eyes ;)
My work outfit for Friday: A newish dress from Forever 21 that I intended to wear to a wedding we are going to tomorrow but I felt is more work-like than wedding-like… agree?
Alright! So, my leg has been PAIN FREE for over a week… and it has been over a month since my last run. The Orthopedic doctor told me I could try running 4 weeks after my run if I was feeling no pain. I was really on the fence about it because I didn’t want to really mess my leg up. BUt I really felt strongly that I should at least give it a go with a gentle run on the treadmill.. I promised myself if I felt even a slight twinge of pain I would stop.
ALLLLL I gotta say is BOOYEAH!!!!! I ran with NO PAIN. However! After the first 25 minutes at a 9:50 pace the gym got evacuated! We had to wait outside for about 15 minutes before the fire fighters gave the okay to go back in. I ran for another 20 minutes just to round it out and as soon as I left there was a torrential downpour. I ran a half mile back to my car and was completely soaked but overjoyed with those feel good running endorphins rushing through my veins one again.
PLUS, I have no residual pain whatsoever. How awesome is that!? :-D
I plan on doing all of my running right now on the treadmill besides a few small exceptions when Andrew and I run after work like today! I plan on being incredibly diligent about rest, recovery and really listening to my body.
Breakfast this morning was pretty but kind of light. I had two tablespoons of sunflower seed butter with corn cakes, a teeeeny tiny Gala apple and a super ripe banana. Plus, an iced coffee!! I have had iced coffee three days in a row now after being off coffee for what seems like months. I.feel. AWESOME.
Last night I finished off a bottle of Cave de Saumur “Les Pouches” Saumur 2010 that I had bought at the Wine Bottega Wednesday night after a corporate wine tour I gave in the North End. It is a beautiful, dry Chenin Blanc from France that totally hit the spot yesterday after being caught in that storm!
I got my B.A.A half marathon bib in the mail a few days ago. It made me pretty sad because I wont be able to run the half with my Sister. But it is a reminder to myself how important it is to listen to your body and really take care of it! I can’t wait to cheer Sam on!
In the spirit of the Friday Fives that both the lovely Shanna and the lovely Shayla have posted today… I thought it would be fun to jump on the bandwagon!
The last five people I have talked to on the phone:
1. My Boss
2. My Sister
3. My Grandfather
4. My Dad
5. Andrew <3
Last five meals I ate:
1. Think Thin Chocolate Mudslide bar with a TON of salt and vinegar Popchips
2. That lamish breakfast I posted above of sunflower butter on corn cakes with a banana and an apple.
3. A huge salad toped with 64785 condiments and a Dr. Praeger’s Veggie Burger
4. Yogurt, an apple, salt and vinegar Popchips and half a chcolate protein bar
5. Two pieces of Udi’s Gluten Free bread with two tablespoons peanut butter and a ripe banana.
Last Five Places I have Travelled: Okay, this will be a bit lame and outdated because I haven’t taken a real vacation in years. However, Andrew and I will be going to Aruba in November!!!
1. Scituate, MA
2. Long Island, New York
3. Tucson, Arizona (Lived there for a year)
4. Portland, Maine (Lived there for 2 years)
5. Las Vegas, Nevada
Next five places I will go:
1. Western Massachusetts for a wedding tomorrow
2. Cape Cod to visit friends! It is where I grew up :)
4. Portland, Maine hopefully! To visit friends.
5. Las Vegas!!!??
Last five Workouts:
1. My first run in over a month last night!!!! 45 min 9:50 pace
2. 30 min elliptical 30 min powerwalk on the treadmill
3. 4 mile walk
4. 30 min elliptical 30 min powerwalk on the treadmill
5.30 min elliptical 30 min powerwalk on the treadmill
Five things that make me happy right now:
1. It’s Friday!!! (duh)
2. Date Night tonight! We are going to an awesome seafood restaurnt in Boston. Can’t wait to tell you all about it!
3. Ben and Steph’s wedding tomorrow!
4. My leg is STILL pain free. This makes me elated.
5. Wine. This always makes me happy ;)
Are any of you as obsessed with Pinterest as I am!!!? I am so so so addicted. It is a fabulous site to network using pictures and there are so many beautiful photos to look at! I have pinning photos like crazy!
Here are some photos that I have pinned form my blog that I really love. Here they are in case you have missed any. Enjoy!! Pinto Bean Veggie Burgers with Guacamole and Pepperjack Cheese