In honor of the long weekend, here’s my Friday 5 Presidents’ Day style.
Did you know:
1. George W. Bush ran the Houston marathon in 3:44:52 in 1993. Al Gore ran the Marine Corps Marathon in 4:58 in 1997. ( wikipedia )
2. Every member of Teddy Roosevelt’s family owned a pair of stilts, including the first lady. ( source )
3. Thomas Jefferson was convinced that if he soaked his feet in a bucket of cold water every day, he’d never get a cold. ( source )
4. William McKinley was the first to ride in a self-propelled vehiclethe electric ambulance that took him to the hospital after he had been shot. ( source )
5. The “S” in Harry S Truman doesn’t stand for anything; therefore, there is no period after his middle initial. ( source )
And perhaps the best “Presidential” event? The presidents race at every Washington Nationals Baseball game!
In all seriousness, I am so excited for a long weekend. It couldn’t have come at a better time! I so need an extra day to just relax.
Saturday is one of John’s favorite days of the year Annual Belgian Beer Fest at Max’s . Over 100 Belgian beers on tap and a Belgian inspired menu! Although I’m not really a beer drinker, its fun to taste a few.
Sunday we’re scheduled for our last long run before the RnR half marathon. 12 miles! Depending on the weather, this may get pushed to monday.
QOTD: Do you have a random presidential fact to share? Big weekend plans? Please share!