****Sometimes sharing helps me stay accountable though. So, we shall see :)
Transitioning in to Fortunate Fridays (sorry I am delayed). Like every week, I have a ton to feel fortunate for. So, here is the run down for this week:
1. Having had the stamina to run over 6 miles (something I haven't done in a long time). The ability to run for longer than 1-2 miles did not come over night and is something that I've been able to build up little by little. Continuous improvement is an amazing thing.
2. On that same token-- being able to walk normally, to be independent with my body and do things for myself. I watched an inspiring documentary last weekend about a famous artists whom lost his ability to walk and move great part of his body due to an accident. His life changed overnight and he suddenly had to depend on people to simply go to the bathroom. Although the story was super sad he was also inspiring because (over time) he learned to look at this disability on a positive light. I get mad at life because I get breakouts on my face! made me feel so guilty that I would complain about something so silly when there are people in the world struggling with bigger things. It is amazing when documentaries like that make you put your whole life in perspective.
3. Intuitive eating articles that I have been reading on different blogs. This one was great . Check it out! I have self diagnosed myself with being an 'emotional eater' so it feels good to read about ways in which I can change my behavior for the better. There is hope! One step at the time.
4. An aha! moment on a way in which I can incorporate the two things which I am passionate about in life and mold them in to a career (I'll share that in the near future). Funny how I get those "aha" moments during my 9-5 job specifically during the morning hours.
5. Finding an audio book I had on my old ipod called "The Present" is actually a best selling book which I borrowed in audio form from the library about 2-3 years ago and recorded in to my ipod. I started listening to it again a couple of days ago and is quite amazing the lessons this book has about living in the present moment and how that can help you be happier, more successful and more satisfied with your life. I plan to write a post on the lessons from this book. It is a great one! stay tuned.
6. Bonus Fortunate: Got emails from people that enjoy my reading my blog. That always puts a smile on my face. Also, fun giveaways coming soon!!
About my April Goals: I am trying to decide whether to make them public or just let you guys know how it went after I am done with the month. A quote I really loved this week:
Q: What do you feel fortunate for this week?
PS: My half marathon is a week away EXCITED! :) Now I am off to do another training run. See ya' later. :)