I’m sure you’ve all heard the expression, “you are what you eat..” right?
Beauty starts from the inside. If you’re not putting the right foods into your body, your body is going to have to work harder just to breakdown and digest those foreign foods. When it comes to fueling your body with beauty foods, think NATURAL! Fruits, plants, anything that comes directly from the earth. Stay as far away from any of those processed foods as you can. They are just full of chemicals and do nothing but put toxins into your body.
If you fuel your body with natural foods, you’ll begin to notice a difference. Healthier looking skin, less breakouts, fuller hair, stronger nails..your body will repay you for the healthy nutrients your supplying it with.
Summer time is especially when want your body looking healthy and strong. Bathing suits and pool hair will look ten times better when your body has the right food to work with. The key is to have that effortless beauty.
Here are five Beauty foods to help you look great for Summer.
1. Omega 3′s: These are found in most cold water fish and dark veggies. Omega 3′s are a superfood in that they help with a number of important body processes. These fatty acids are naturally not made by our bodies, so it is important to make sure we include these in our diet. If your not a fish fan, Omega 3′s are available as a supplement as well.
2. Blueberries: full of antioxidants, blueberries contain fiber and Vitamin C. They can also aid in weight loss. Just make sure you are buying these fresh, some can be full of added sugars.
3. Avocados: Promotes brain health and are also full of fiber and iron. They have also been said to help prevent wrinkles. Yes please!
4. Nuts & Seeds: High in Vitamin E, which is good for skin elastically, nuts & seeds are an essential part of a healthy diet. A good choice are almonds, walnuts or sunflower seeds.
5. Dark Chocolate: Who said you can’t indulge a little? Dark chocolate is another one full of antioxidants. Just be sure you’re sticking with the dark kind (at least 70% cocoa) to get the full benefits.
There ya have it – five super foods that will have you looking BEAUTIFUL for summer in no time! Be sure to check out my post on juicing ( here ) if you haven’t already. Juicing is another great way to get those beauty makin’ nutrients.
Also be sure you stop by the Facebook and Instagram page. I update daily with recipes pictures & check-in’s.
Have a BEAUTIFUL day!