Drumroll Please - The BSI Challenge Winner Revealed
Posted Apr 27 2009 12:00am
Hola bloggies I know it's late for this post but technically in Whistler it's still Monday night! :oP
Let me start by saying that I had a good number of really great entries for almonds. It was no easy task deciding on the winner. All the recipes look AMAZING and I'm going to have me an almond cook-a-thon when I get back home.
But for now it's time to reveal the winner of this week's BSI Challenge (almond week) . . . .
This week's winner isn't even a blogger but she is a faithful reader - CONGRATULATIONS RONTINI!!!! :o)
When I saw Rontini's recipe I knew that it would be hard to beat! In fact when Rontini sent me the recipe, she let me know it was her favourite recipe so she just had to share. I'm thrilled she did!!
You can easily make this recipe with very little ingredients or equipment. But there's no doubt in my mind that it would be insanely yummy and very filling. It will probably make for a great power snack!
Rontini's Almond Butter Cookie
preheat oven to 350 degree oven
1 cup almond butter (or half peanut butter and half almond butter)
1/2 cup sugar
2 teaspoons of baking powder
extra sugar for rolling
white chocolate chips (if you use dark chocolate, it doesn't taste as good)
1. With a mixer, whip nut butter and sugar together till incorporated
2. Whip in egg and baking powder
3. Roll the batter into a (walnut sized) ball
4. Roll ball in sugar
5. Place on cookie sheet and flatten with a fork (Cross Hatch)
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 9 min then add one white chocolate chip on top
7. Bake for 1 more min.
8. Let cool slightly before removing to serve. (use spatula to remove...breaks easily while warm)