Now that I am officially travelled out, I have been enjoying some much needed r&r back in Paris. Most of my friends are still out travelling for the next couple of days, so I’m taking this opportunity to get some sleep, eat healthfully, and really just relax, since I’m sure my final two weeks (which start today!) will be a whirlwind, I’m sure.
This includes wine consumption! I’ve drunk a good amount of it since I’ve been here. I don’t drink a ton of alcohol at home, but I love the culture of it in Paris: it’s cheaper than water, and there’s nothing like sharing a bottle between friends and wiling away the evening in a cafe or on the side of the Seine. I also had some killer sangria in Spain, made with fresh orange juice, brandy, and really great cava. Still, it really is a social thing, and it’s nice to take a little break. But in the spirit of Cinco de Mayo and my recent Spanish adventure, a little celebration never hurt.
So this recipe is alcohol-free and antioxidant-full. Just in case you also are still recovering from your last fiesta.
- Juice of one large orange
- Juice of 1/2 one large grapefruit
- Juice of 1/2 one lemon
- 1 medium apple, unpeeled, cored, and diced
- 1/2 cup organic unsweetened grape juice
- Sparkling water (like Perrier or San Pellegrino)
- Orange, sliced and wedged for garnish
- Over a pitcher, juice the orange, grapefruit, and lemon. Add the diced apple and grape juice.
- Let chill for a couple of hours in the refrigerator.
- Fill wine glasses halfway with the fruit juice mixture (straining as you pour).
- Top them off with sparkling water, garnish, and serve.
- Share this: