Ayurveda: According to Ayurveda anemia can be cured using bhasmas (ashes) of metals and minerals. The ayurvedic processing of these bhasmas enhances the medicinal properties and removes the toxic effects. Some commonly used bhasmas in Ayurveda to cure anemia are Mandura, Suvarna, Abhraka, Makshika and Kanta Lauha. Mandura is the mildest bhasma, whereas, Kanta Lauha is the strongest.
1. A good, well balanced everyday diet is effective for those suffering from anemia. The diet must comprise of cereals, milk, cheese, rice, yogurt, pastas, vegetables, fruits, eggs, poultry, nuts, fish and meat.
2. It is said that cooking food in iron pots increases the iron content of the food. Try to cook in iron pots as often as possible.
3. Apples are very good in curing anemia. Try to have two or three apples everyday. They are extremely rich in iron.
5. Have a ripe banana mashed along with one tablespoon of honey. This is a good remedy in treating anemia.
6. Juice of apple as well as tomato is beneficial in curing anemia. Try and have a glass of apple juice as well as tomato juice everyday.
7. Sitting in the sun helps in increasing the production of red blood cells in the body. It is recommended that anemic people must sit in the sun for twenty minutes to half an hour everyday.
8. Soak seven to ten almonds in water for a night. Strain the almonds and throw the water. Next, peel away the almond skin and grind them into a paste. Have this paste every morning for two to three months. You can continue having almond paste even after you have recovered from anemia to avoid future occurrence.
9. Beetroot is one of the best sources of iron. Have it in the form of salad or cooked vegetable atleast once in a day. You can also have a glass of beetroot juice everyday to cure anemia.