chili con carne in the raw & my top salad for the week
Posted Nov 27 2012 2:28am
I have no idea what happened to me lately, but I die for hot chili peppers. I eat them with each meal and I even reached a level of craving when the dish is not delicious if there are no chili peppers in it. Have you been there?
My husband however is not a fan, so I had to figure out different ways to add chilies to my meals or just eat them plain raw. Well, they are hot both ways, but if you really love these little bastards, try this easy chili con carne recipe. It is gorgeous! You can spread it on any raw cracker you have, on a slice of bread or if you are expecting guests – cut and bake a french baguette with a little bit of olive oil…
Oh, and did you knew that the chili peppers are number 1 source vitamin C? They have more of this vital vitamin than guavas, leafy greens, oranges and many more.
2-3 hot chili peppers
1/2 cup parsley
1/4 cup mixed dehydrated seeds
a little bit of olive oil
1. Mix the seeds (I used pumpkin and sunflower seeds) with a little bit of tamari and dehydrate for 8 hours at 115°F / 46°C.
2. Peel the tomato and remove the seeds and the liquid. Cut the rest into small bites.
3. Cut the parsley into small bites.
4. Spread some olive oil on your fingers and cut the chili peppers.
5. Mix everything and store in a glass jar in the fridge.
And since I’m sharing my favorites with you today, here is my top salad for the week! It’s based on my multicolored one and I just can’t get enough of it, so I’ve been eating it for a week now and have no idea when will I decide to replace it with something else :))
2 cups green salad
2 cups spinach
2 green onions
1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
sun dried tomatoes in olive oil
a little bit of lime juice or balsamico
1. Cut or tear the salad and spinach in a big bowl.
2. Cut the cucumber and avocado into cubes.
3. Cut the green onion into small slices.
4. Mix everything, add a little bit of salt and enjoy!