I can’t believe it’s Wednesday already! Yesterday morning I ran 4 easy miles on the treadmill. I set my speed to 6.0 so I was running exactly a 10 minute mile for 40 minutes. After a crazy day of work I had a NYJL meeting in Union Square. I was about an hour early for the meeting so I headed to Starbucks had a tea and read for about 45 minutes. I wish I could tell you I am reading an interesting book but I am studying for my Series 7 so unfortunately all I read about was stocks and bonds.
After my meeting I headed to Brooklyn to hang out with TBF. We didn’t do much besides lounge on the couch chatting and hanging out. It was so nice just to chill and have fun with him and not have to worry about work.
Last week I mentioned I was going to take my before pictures and measurements. Unfortunately I am not ready for the world to see my before picture but I will share my measurements. I think the measurements might be slightly off because I have been doing CrossFit since September and I think I have lost an inch or to by just doing CrossFit.
Yesterday I forgot to post about Monday’s WOD.
Monday, December 3, 2012
Warm-Up / Skills
6 minute (30 seconds on/30 seconds off)
Front Rack BF Situps with 2 kettlebells
Exercise: Back Squat/lbs
Reps: 1-10-1-20-1-30 (115-95-125-95-125-95)
21 – 15 – 9 Back Squats (70lbs) Bar Hop Burpees
Total Time: 8 Minutes
And finally Kerry from Totes My Oat nominated me for the Liebster award. Thanks Kerry!!
Here is what you do:
1. Write 11 random facts about yourself.
2. Answer the 11 questions that the blogger wrote who nominated you.
3. Create 11 questions for your nominees and tell them about the nomination.
11 Random Facts About Me:
1. When I was younger I wanted to be a chiropractor when I grew up. I crack everything on my body and people often ask me to crack things for them.
2. Every night before bed I sip a cup of tea with the lights dimmed. It helps me relax and decompress from the day.
3. I am really close with my siblings. We hang out on the weekends when I am home all the time and I miss them a lot!
4. I learned to ski when I was three years old. I had no fear when I was younger and would literally just fly down the mountain.
5. I won’t leave the house without mascara; someone once told me I have beautiful eyelashes and I should always wear mascara and I have followed her advice since.
6. I am the oldest cousin on my mom’s side of the family out of 12 and the youngest (besides my brother and sister) on my dad’s side of the family out of 8.
7. None of my grandparents are still living; I never really was able to get to know them because they passed when I was so young and I feel like I missed out on having grandparents.
8. When I was younger I danced competitively. Every November I would miss school to perform in the Nutcracker. I have also danced on The Today Show, at Disney World and for President Clinton.
9. I had to work in High School but didn’t want to miss out on playing sports. I played Field Hockey and ran Winter and Spring Track. After practice I would go right to work until 9 PM and then do my homework when I got home. I think learning to work at such a young age taught me great worth ethic.
10. I put myself through college. During college I worked on campus, babysat and worked two jobs off campus all while having a pretty awesome social life and graduating with a 3.7 GPA. Although I wish I wasn’t in so much debt I am really proud of myself for accomplishing something I dreamed about for so long. I was also the first person I my mom’s family to graduate college.
11. I am allergic to Mushrooms. One time I had a soup with mushrooms in it and I got rushed to the hospital. No more mushrooms for me!
Questions from Kerry
1. Where is the best place you’ve visited? I loved St. Thomas! It’s so beautiful and peaceful!
2. If you had to pick, college or professional football? Even though they are not doing so well this season I will always love the New York Jet’s!
3. Is there a specific food you despise? Myonnaise
4. What was your first cell phone? A purple Nokia and I use to play Snake all the time!
5. Do you wear your hair up or down more? Down! It’s very rare I wear my hair up unless I am working out!
6. Which do you usually like more – the book or the movie? The Book!
7. Movie at home or movie theatre? The movie theatre! Can you say date night!
8. Would you rather a view of the ocean or a view of the woods? I am a total beach girl therefore the ocean!
9. Treadmill or elliptical? Treadmill!
10. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be? New Jersey; it’s wear my heart will always be! I am such a jersey girl!
11. Salad or sandwich? Salad. I am not the biggest fan of cold cuts.