First and foremost, I want to thank you all so very much for your kind and encouraging responses to my post this morning . You guys are the best! I am in the process of gathering a list of your inspiring words of wisdom!
This morning I woke up early to workout before my long day of classes. Around 3 pm I was totally exhausted (nearly falling asleep in my class). Thankfully I brought one of these amazing Kombucha Wonder Drinks with me. Saved the day I tell ya! Upon joining the ‘blogging world’ I had never even heard of Kombucha. Oh was I ever missing out. These drinks are great and so extremely healthy and detoxifying. According to their website , “Kombucha’s roots go back centuries. Wise men would descend from high in the Himalayas to harvest spring tea in the valley below. According to a formula passed down from generation to generation, the tea was fermented to create an effervescent elixir said to restore health, promote longevity and bestow mental clarity to all who drank it. Today, Kombucha Wonder Drink is made in the same way, only with an added benefit: Each small batch goes through a proprietary process that eliminates alcohol and unwanted bacteria. All that’s left is pure kombucha and the naturally occurring acids that give it its power.”
- Presently surprised and delighted with my first ever kombucha experience
- It is super healthy and contains organic green tea
- Black currant and cherry juice add to the fruity flavor
- Just the right amount of ‘fizz’
- I’m usually not a tea drinker but this variety was right up my alley
Asian Pear and Ginger
- Delicious over a nice chilled cup with ice
- Very refreshing with a slight tangy flavor
- I sensed both the pear and apple flavor combination
- Thankfully, the taste of ginger was very subtle
Essence of Mango
- Sweet, fresh mango flavor
- Trust me, the taste is FAR more superior than the smell
- Basically inhaled this one… yep, I said it
- I noticed a slight peachy aftertaste – boy with this one delicious
Essence of Juniper Berry, Spearmint, and Lemon Myrtle
- The flavors just keep getting better
- My absolute favorite
- Unique fruity flavor with a pleasant and refreshing aftertaste
- I honestly did not taste any sort of spearmint – which was totally ok
- Isn’t as bubbly as your average can of soda
Essence of Peach
- Oh how I love the taste of freshly ripened peaches
- The flavor was slightly mild compare to the others
- Contains rooibos teas which reaps many health benefits
- Only are mere 82 calories per bottle
If you have never tried one of these miraculous drinks, buy one the next time you are at your local health food store. They will be sure to quench your thirst! I promise ya!
After class I snacked on some Basha hummus (from Costco) with pretzels and snap peas. MMMmmm – my tummy was rumbling!
Oh my lordy, I also forgot to share with you some pictures from my lunch with my mom and grandma this past weekend. We went to my favorite vegetarian restaurant in Grand Rapids called Marie Catribs . The place is always super crowded for lunch – we waited about 45 minutes to sit down… totally well worth it!
I ordered a bowl of the Sweet and Sour Cabbage soup which came with a fresh whole grain roll. I also split the Larry David sandwich: “Lentils, wild rice, tomato, onion and spices make up this very special vegan burger patty. Served with spicy tomato jam, grilled onion, spinach, tomato and garlic veganaise on your choice of grilled bread.” MY FAVVV!
Now please tell me that looks good! The cabbage was slightly crunchy and the flavor was just right! Now take a look at that sandwich I was explaining – this thing is like heaven on earth. It was so big that I had to cut each bite off with a knife!
After lunch we headed next door to this store that specializes in all organic and recycled clothing. They even sold Tom’s shoes – I wanted to buy some really bad but I totally held back! All in all, it was a really fun (and yummy) afternoon.
Well that’s all for today folks! I have an exam at 5 that I should probably review right about now. I have received a substantial amount of entries to my King Arthur Flour Giveaway – thanks guys! Keep ‘em coming!