2009 is full of opportunities if you'll only reach out and touch them. Want to lose weight? Now's the time to get started! Don't wait until Monday. Don't wait until next month. Start now. Have you been planning to make going to the gym a part of your routine? Go as soon as possible! Okay, maybe you don't have the extra money for a gym membership.
Here are a few ways to get healthier - without going broke in the process.
1. Grow your own produce.This will save you a small fortune and give you a sense of accomplishment that feels great. It’s also a nice way to unwind after a hard day and has been known to be very therapeutic and relaxing.
2. Support your local farmers markets. Not only will you be helping the environment by doing so because you'll be buying fruits and vegetables grown without pesticides, herbicides, or other harsh chemicals, but
3. Pick up a rebounder (small trampoline) at a Goodwill, Salvation Army, or even a garage sale. They're usually only a few dollars and don't take up much space. Some collapse and take up even less space. You can bounce on them any time for as long as you like. Rebounding is fun, easy on your joints, and makes you feel like a kid again. Can't beat that!
4. Find a used juicing machine and juice the fruits and veggies you got from the farmers market. The living enzymes and nutrients in the raw juice will rush through your blood veins and your body will just soak up all that nutrition.
5. Walk. It doesn’t take any money to walk around the neighborhood. It’s also very therapeutic. Use this time to chat with your walking partner(s), or if you’re walking alone, you can take this time to wind down, explore your thoughts, ideas, dreams, and goals.
See, you don’t have to spend a lot of money to improve your health. Use your imagination and go wild.
Here's to a lifetime chock-full of health and happiness!