7 Common Sense Weight Loss Tips for the Raw Vegan Dieter
Posted Nov 30 2011 12:00am
Fasting and eating a raw vegan diet is a good way to lose weight. The body feels great after a fast and eating a raw vegan diet. But what I have noticed is that some people do this thinking they will get fast weight loss results.
There is nothing wrong with wanting fast weight loss results . But is this taking it to the extreme? In some cases, it is extreme.
This has been on my mind for a while, because I see people flocking to this way of losing weight and it may not be the healthiest choice.
Even though I am focusing on the raw vegan diet, this goes for any diet you choose with weight loss as your primary goal.
I am no expert, but I do know that if you take in more calories than you burn, then you will gain weight. I also know that if you cut your caloric intake and exercise, then you will lose the weight.
Eating a raw vegan diet is a way that you can lose weight. This way of losing weight is hard. Especially when you are new to eating a vegan diet.
Some people can go cold turkey, but most people cannot do this and have success. If you are eating the raw vegan diet to lose weight, you may find yourself discouraged.
Why? Because you lose the weight, but then your body sends you signals that you need more food. You start increasing your food intake and then you’re right back where you started.
I see this a lot with people who document their raw vegan journey for weight loss and they either stop documenting or return only to tell you they could not stick with it. Most people do better with making gradual changes.
Why go to such extreme? I know you want the weight to come off fast, but you must do what works best for you and your body.
If you are going to eat a raw vegan diet and do some fasting for weight loss, then here is what I recommend:
I don’t recommend fasting for weight loss. Fasting is a good way to help cleanse your body and to help maintain your weight. But fasting should never be the only thing you do for weight loss.
1. Learn as much as you can. Educating yourself about the raw vegan diet and fasting is the most important thing that you can do. Don’t take other people’s word about certain diets. Do your own research and find scientific information to back up the claims.
2. Consult with a registered dietician. If you are serious about doing things the right way, find someone who specializes in working with people who eat plant-based diets.
3. Pay attention to the amount of food you eat. Portion control is a good way to limit your intake. If you are a big eater anyway, you will probably eat large portions of raw foods. Start controlling your portion sizes before you begin your diet.
Controlling your portion sizes helps with weight loss, regardless if you choose a raw vegan diet or not.
4. Move your body. Some people say that you can lose weight on the raw vegan diet without exercising. It’s true, but if you want a fit body, to keep the weight off, and get amazing results, you must exercise. There’s no getting around this.
5. Eat a balanced diet. Learning what to eat and how much to eat on a raw vegan diet is challenging. There are people who are successful, but you must be on top of this, because if you’re not you can do more harm to your body than good.
6. Get help from an experienced raw food vegan coach. A raw food coach is important because your coach guides and supports you, which helps you stick with your goals.
7. Take the supplements your body needs. You don’t want any deficiencies. Just because others don’t take supplements, doesn’t meant that you follow suit. Always do what works best for your body.
If you want to lose weight and to keep it off, do things gradually and take your time. Taking your time and doing things gradually results in you successfully losing the weight and maintaining a healthy body weight for the long haul.
It is easy to go for quick fixes because you want to see immediate results. Remember you didn’t gain the excess weight overnight; it will take time for you to lose the weight.