Yuck! It is that time of year: it is cold, it is dark, it is depressing. The last thing you want to do is exercise. I hear you, that is why I am giving you these great tips to shake the winter blues. Give them a try and I guarantee that you will have a spring in your step.
1. Get Into The Light The sun does shine in the winter - enjoy it! When we are deprived of light we can get irritable and depressed (many people suffer from Seasonal Affective Disorder) so get out into the sun and enjoy a winter activity like skating or skiing. You body will thank you for the vitamin D. Too dark where you live? Try light therapy. There are many classes and products available to bring the light back into your life.
2. Get Active OK, so I had to plug this one but exercising really does make you feel better. Your body releases feel-good endorphins to make even the darkest days seem bright. Hit the local gym or grab a friend and take a winter walk. It will also help you feel less fatigued and release stress
3. Bring The Outside In! Wish you could see the green grass? No problem! Fill your house will plants and flowers to make you feel like your are in a springtime meadow. If you don't have a green thumb, choose low maintenance plants that you can enjoy all year round.
4. Play "Catch Up" If it is too miserable to go outside, it is a perfect time to catch up on an projects or correspondences. Jump on the computer and gossip with some friends, finish that scrapbook that you started last year or read that book you have been meaning to get too. Take advantage of the "me" time.
5. Indulge We all have to once in a while. Take a long bath with soothing essential oils and light lots of candles. Go shopping and buy something that you have always wanted or bite into a great piece of dark chocolate (the antioxidant are great for your too)