Are you looking for an IVA company? If so, be very careful when you pick the company you are going to get your IVA with. You might be busy panicking and worrying about the state of your finances, but you should still pay attention because this is a very important matter.
An IVA company will help you deal with your Insolvency Practitioner (IP). The IP is the person who will be in charge of your IVA - you will want to have one with a good reputation. It is hard to find and deal with a good IP, so getting a good IVA company will give you some piece of mind with you debt solution.
If you want to save yourself time and hassle then follow these tips:
1. Always seek out a recommendation or opinion if you already know someone that has gone through the IVA process. This could be invaluable in helping your find a reputable company or avoiding a poor one!
2. Phone around various companies before agreeing to meet with two or three. This ensures that your options are not limited and gives you a good feel of what you should be looking for. If you are not comfortable when talking to an advisor on the phone then you should scratch that particular IVA company off your list because they will probably not be very interested in helping you.
3. Don’t pay for the initial consultation. The initial consultation and paperwork should be free of charge. Before any work is done, make sure that the IVA company does a thorough analysis of your financial situation. This is very important.
4. Never choose a company that guarantees you an IVA. Until the majority of companies that you hold debts with have agreed to the IVA then your application may still be rejected. The companies that say otherwise are only after your money. Also, beware of those stating that you will only have a low premium at the end of it because if it sounds too good to be true then it most likely is!
5. The last important point is that you should look for a refund guarantee on any payments that you need to make before the IVA is completed. If you don’t get such a guarantee and your IVA is turned down, the IVA company does not have to give you your money back. If you make sure that you get such a guarantee, you save yourself money and aggravation in the future.
About the Author:
When it comes to how to get an IVA, getting the right information can be a daunting task. That’s why we put together this confidential report for you at IVA Company.