Good morning! Welcome to October 2013! My October Start Living Healthy newsletter went out this morning. If you would like to read it, just click HERE . If you want to subscribe, click HERE . I would love it if you did!
I cannot believe we are in our final quarter of 2013. Feels like this year just started. With another month down, time to update my 13 for 2013 goals.
UPDATE: Currently sitting at six 5Ks. September was not a great month for road races in our area. Hoping to do at least 2 in October. Probably won’t hit the 13 goal, but have accepted this. When I set this goal I did not realize I would be having a second leg surgery.
3. Save $$$ each paycheck.
UPDATE: On track. Paid cash (or used debit card) for vacation – nothing on a credit card. Have money stashed in two different places for Christmas to make sure that no credit cards are used for Christmas.
4. Get a raise/make more money.
UPDATE: I got a small raise in July which brought me up to where I was supposed to be last year. I also intend to make money by being a health coach by the end of this year.
5. 1:30 minute plank. I want to be able to hold a plank on the elbow for 1 minute and 30 seconds.
UPDATE: Kind of forget about this one during September. Must get back on track during October. I plan to plank every other day in October and have it marked on my calendar AND have a reminder set up.
6. Blog 5x per week.
UPDATE: Still on track with this one.
7. Do something different with family or friends once a month.
UPDATE: Off-roading as a group this past Saturday. You can check out the post HERE . Also went on a mother/daughter vacation and we had beach photos taken.
8. Clean out clothes. Clean out clothes – throw away old items, items I don’t wear, etc.
UPDATE: Guess what? Clothes to be donated are STILL sitting in the bedroom. I have been good about throwing away stained or torn items.
9. Toned arms for the summer. I want to go sleeveless this summer and look BUFF.
UPDATE: I didn’t make as much progress on this one as I intended, but my arms feel toner and my sleeves are looser. This will be ongoing for sure. Did a circuit class last Wednesday and definitely felt the burning in my arms.
10. Eat and drink mindfully or intuitively. I will talk more about this later and even have a special guest post coming up. I am not planning to count calories or points. I am not planning to log everything I eat in 2013. I am planning to make better decisions and be mindful about what I eat. I am also not giving up any food – it is all about “adding in” and moderation.
UPDATE: No real updates on this one. I have done a couple of blog posts on this. You can check them out here and here . I completed Jamie’s 21 Day Intuitive Eating Challenge . I am working on a blog post about it. I am also working with Jamie in a summer group and will share more about that when complete. (still owe you a post on this)
11. Do something out of my comfort zone. Leaving this one open to see what the year brings. Quite possibly it will be sky-diving with my husband’s niece and nephew.
UPDATE: Does eating on the side of a mountain count? While it was beautiful, I was definitely conscious of how far down the bottom was and how close to the edge we were.
12. Utilize my bike more. Like I said in another post, I am not setting any mileage goals for 2013. However, we neglected our bikes this year and I want to change that. I love my bike and we have some great places to ride around Knoxville.
UPDATE: I used the bike a couple of times in September. Hubby and I have been choosing to run/walk more than bike this year.
13. Be Happy. Live. Love. Laugh. Don’t sweat the small stuff.
UPDATE: Celebrated my mom’s birthday in September, had mother/daughter vacation, couple of off-roading trips. Great month!
How are your 2013 goals coming? Anything big planned for October?