Good morning and TGIF! Welcome to February! Are you wearing your red today? I will be wearing one of my favorite red sweaters. Since we are starting a new month, I am going to update my 13 for 2013 goals . First a couple of notes.
* Thank you to everyone who reads my blog. I had a record number of visitors and page views in January! Thank you for reading.
* My crab cake dinner was only okay. The good news is I know exactly where I went wrong. I will share everything with you tomorrow. I hope to have some super fun news to share with you at the same time. Here is a sneak peek photo….
UPDATE: Still on track. Made a 97% on my first exam. Check out my business cards that came in the mail yesterday! (tried to white out the phone number)
2. 13 5Ks in 2013 . Jill and Jen have teamed up to host 13 in 2013. Participants pick their distance (or a variety) and can run (or WALK) 13 races during 2013. This will be a great way to get back into 5Ks after an absence due to my leg.
UPDATE: Still on the road to recovery, so no 5Ks yet. I will be walking the Catch the Leprechaun 5k in March, I signed up for the Jelly Bean virtual race in March, and I am registered for Color Me Rad in April. I will probably limit myself to two 5Ks per month for at least the first 3 months.
3. Save $$$ each paycheck.
UPDATE: I have put my savings back from both paychecks this year. I have six categories of savings that include special events, retirement, emergency, and Christmas.
4. Get a raise/make more money.
UPDATE: Planning to discuss this in March with the boss. I can also start seeing health coach clients in April.
5. 2:30 minute plank. I want to be able to hold a plank on the elbow for 2 minutes and 30 seconds.
UPDATE: Longest plank so far is 60 seconds. I am doing planks at least 5 times per week.
6. Blog 5x per week.
UPDATE: On track.
7. Do something different with family or friends once a month. We talked about this during our group’s Christmas party and with our family on New Year’s Eve. We want to make even more time to see each other (outside of when we regularly see each other). I think at least once a month with either group will be a great start. This could be a game night, dinner out, a movie, anything.
UPDATE: Hubby and I went to trivia night with our friend A and had a blast. We are currently planning a group game night for February. Mom and I also attended an exercise class together.
8. Special Project. I am not ready to share what this is, but I started it last month. I thought it would be a quick thing but it turning out to be larger than expected. I think a year is certainly a great time limit.
UPDATE: Didn’t think about this at all during January.
9. Toned arms for the summer. Since I have to be careful with how much walking I do for the next little while, I want to concentrate on my arms. I want to go sleeveless this summer and look BUFF.
UPDATE: I have done a few intensive arm workouts, but I need to concentrate on this. My new tank top will help motivate and inspire me to get toned arms.
10. Eat and drink mindfully or intuitively. I will talk more about this later and even have a special guest post coming up. I am not planning to count calories or points. I am not planning to log everything I eat in 2013. I am planning to make better decisions and be mindful about what I eat. I am also not giving up any food – it is all about “adding in” and moderation.
UPDATE: Um, not so much this month.
11. Do something out of my comfort zone. Leaving this one open to see what the year brings. Quite possibly it will be sky-diving with my husband’s niece and nephew.
UPDATE: Not yet. Although cooking dinner last night is not really my comfort zone.
12. Utilize my bike more. Like I said in another post, I am not setting any mileage goals for 2013. However, we neglected our bikes this year and I want to change that. I love my bike and we have some great places to ride around Knoxville.
UPDATE: Haven’t gotten the bike out yet. This will come during spring. I do plan on taking some spinning classes though.
13. Be Happy. Live. Love. Laugh. Don’t sweat the small stuff.
UPDATE: January was certainly a fun month. Partly because of the New Year and my birthday. Hoping for a fabulous February.
I also planned to set one specific goal each month. For January it was to track my spending every day. I did pretty good for about 21 days and then stopped. Luckily I do have the records where I tracked and I can see where my money went in January.
My February goal is to utilize my new gym membership at Provision Health and Wellness for four classes. When I was trying to decide whether to join or not, I decided that attending 4 classes a month divided out to $7.50 per class – which is cheap. I can’t find a yoga or spinning class that low anywhere else in town.
As I mentioned before, I will review the goals each month and in July re-evaluate to see if I need to alter my goals at all. I also created a Pinterest board as a visual representation of my goals.
How are your 2013 goals coming? Anything special planned for this weekend? Share something good!