When we look at famous people and see their glowing skin and fabulous body we think that they must be spending a bundle everyday on their specialized diet. I will be honest that is true. But the brighter picture is that we can also eat healthy and enjoy good health without really spending the bucks.
The trick is to eat well without spending money
1. Have water all day: Quit soda and drink water. Carry a water bottle everywhere. Avoid buying bottles of mineral water. - It is great for health - Costs no money
2. Eggs in the breakfast: It is extremely healthy, especially boiled eggs. - High in proteins - Loaded with proteins - Comes with a small price tag.
3. Pack food for office: I myself spent about Rs 1000 every month on lunch everyday at the canteen just about an year ago. One day I woke up and decided to take lunch from home. It was much healthier and a money saver. - Money saved - Know what I will be eating
4. Avoid Junk Food: Stop buying junk food. Anything that is packed in a box is not good for health. - It is unhealthy - It costs lot of money.
5. Buy vegetables from local farmer: If you search you will find an area close to you where farmers grow and sell fresh vegetables. Spend your weekend morning shopping for meat, fruits and vegetables for the week to come. Also, take note of the price of purchase that way when you buy from a supermarket you will know the price difference. - They are fresh - And if they are fresh they are healthier - They are cheaper
7. Buy generic foods: Packaged foods may be available from different manufactures. Some may come with a better packaging and a bigger price tag. The taste and quality of the food may be almost the same. Stay away from bigger brands, food is food, so buy generic products without concentrating on the brands. This is more commonly observed with food items like jam, sauce, butter, cheese or breads. - Money saved - No difference in the quality of foods
8. Make a List: Before going shopping for food items make list of all the things you may need. It has been observed that going without plan to a store you may end up buying more than what you need. So plan ahead. - Make a list of what you need - Go to the grocery store, but what is on your list & get out - Save Money
9. Avoid shopping on empty stomach: you may end up buying lot of munchies which cost a lot and are unhealthy.
10. Eat produce in season: Buying watermelon in winters will obviously be expensive. Have all your favorite foods in the season they are produced. Then wait for the next season.