Stress, we all know it and know what it can do to us. It can ravage our bodies causing disease and disability. It can reak havoc on our minds, confusing us and directing us to live in fear and anxiety. It can ruin relationships if we let it. It can take attention away from ourselves and the things in life that are most important. I have found, in success and obtaining optimal health, finding inner peace, and reducing stress is absolutely critical. Here is a summary of the 10 step process Dr. Dyer presents:
Here is a 10 step process for creating a stress-free and tranquil life.
1) Remember that your natural state is joy. You are a product of love and joy, learn to stay in harmony with these feelings.
2) Your thoughts, not the world, cause your stress. (wow...That one is powerful!)
3) You can change your thought of stress in any given moment and eliminate the anxiety for the next few moments, or hours or days. This is a conscious effort that develops out of awareness. Increase your awareness, your power of mind and reconnect to the universe.
4) Monitor your stressful thoughts by checking on your emotional state. How are you feeling???
5) Make a conscious decision and choice to select thoughts (and results) that activate good feelings. ( www.ChooseYourResults.com )
6) Spend some time observing babies, and vow to emulate their profound joy.
7) Keep your ego in check. Refer to "Rule number 6". (you are going to love rule #6!)
8) Accept the guidance of your source of intention.