10 Killer Steps to a Better Blog: A Step by Step Guide to a Better Blog
Posted Aug 25 2010 12:00am
Do you need some guidance in how to set-up your blog and make things happen? Well, A Step by Step Guide to a Better Blog, is for you.
The purpose of this review is to inform you about an awesome “how to” blog guide, written by Kiesha Easley. Kiesha takes you step by step from blog set-up to the next level. If you are new to blogging and need some guidance, A Step by Step Guide to a Better Blog (affiliate link) will get you where you need to be.
I have been blogging since 2008. But I didn’t get serious about blogging until sometime in 2009. How I wish, I could have had this book back then. I know I would be light years ahead of where I am today.
Even though I am not new to blogging, I have learned something new and have implemented the new things that I have learned. One thing I have started doing is getting my images from the sites that Kiesha recommends in her book. I can’t tell you how big a time saver this has been.
Here are 10 Killer Steps to a Better Blog
1. . You must select the niche that you are passionate about. The author doesn’t give you a list of niches, rather, she tells you to choose what you are most passionate about.
2. . If you’re a serious blogger you should not use free blogging platforms. It is not the professional way to go.
3.. Hosting is affordable so look around and see what others are saying and go from there. The blogging platform recommended is Word Press.
4.. Choose a theme that will fit your needs and work well with your niche.
5. . There are diagrams on how to install plug-ins, that you will find very helpful.
6. . Decide what information you’d like to go on your pages. About Me/Company is just one example.
7. . Produce quality content as much as you can. This will help boost your traffic and grow your blog.
8. . The author provides diagrams and steps on how to publish your post using Word Press.
9. . The author shares a list of ways that she generates traffic and builds community. This is a very impressive list. Ex. Submitting blog to search engines for free.
10. . There is an extensive list from email marketing services, affiliate marketing, SEO tools, to site statistics and much, much more.
Bonus: The author throws in a bonus chapter, where she tells you how she has built an awesome writing team for the WeBlogBetter Blog . **This is only available in print and not the e-book.**
A Step by Step Guide to a Better Blog e-book is 40 pages and is an easy read. It is packed with many resources and tools, that will help you build a better blog. It is a great book for anyone new to blogging and learning the ropes.
If you take your blogging seriously and aspire to be successful, then A Step by Step Guide to a Better Blog is the book you cannot afford to pass by. Get it today!