Honey and cinnamon combined together have been used for its medicinal properties and healing of the body since time unknown. The mention of this wonderful combination has been found in the Ayurvedic as well as the oriental medicinal scripts. Cinnamon is considered to be one of the oldest spices used by man. Honey and cinnamon, both having innumerous healing properties, have been used as a common home cure for many diseases. The enzymes from honey and the oil obtained from cinnamon produce hydrogen peroxide which is an anti-microbial. This particular antimicrobial has the power to curb the growth of harmful fungi or bacteria. This medicinal mixture consists of cinnamon is oil form or even powder form combined with honey syrup. Many people have benefitted from this remedial mixture and swear by it.
Benefits of Honey and Cinnamon:
1. Immunity When taken every day, honey and cinnamon improves the immune system, making it strong enough to resist any bacterial infections and viral infections. Honey has iron in large quantity, thus, it helps in enhancing the white blood corpuscles.
2. Postpone aging: Herbal tea that includes a mix of cinnamon and honey is helpful in combating free radicals that are responsible for the aging process. When taken as a herbal tea, honey and cinnamon helps in keeping the skin wrinkle free and soft and makes it look younger.
5. Weight loss: Drinking cinnamon powder as well as honey mixed and boiled in a cup full of water each morning stops the accumulation of fat in the body. This is thought to be one of the easiest and safest methods to lose weight by the health specialists. It helps in losing weight without any side effects.
6. Tiredness: The quantity of iron and natural sugar is slightly high in honey; both the components help in making the body stronger. Iron is helpful in increasing the hemoglobin levels. The natural sugar does not harm the body. Cinnamon also has properties that helps ease fatigue and when combined with the vital honey it works wonders.
7. or flu: Many people suffering from severe cold, cough and flu have greatly benefitted by having a mixture of honey and cinnamon. The mixture of honey and cinnamon contains natural properties which kills as well as stop the growth of infectious germs.
9. Bladder Infection: When honey and cinnamon are taken with warm water, it kills and stops the growth of germs inside the bladder.
10. Bad Breath: Gargling with a mixture of honey, cinnamon powder and water is helpful in keeping the breath fresh during the day.