Some of us gag at the mere mention of yogurt, but it's one of the healthiest and most convenient snacks around. Whether you're a dairy lover or not, here are some statistics that might have you picking up the Yoplait in bulk:
1. Yogurt is rich in protein (providing about eight grams per cup).
2. It's a great source of calcium, with more than 400 mg per cup.
3. It has as much potassium as a banana.
4. It's a great go-to when you need the B vitamin riboflavin.
5. It actually improves lactose digestion because it aids in the production of lactase, a valuable digestion enzyme.
6. Its active cultures help to boost the immune system.
7. It has been said to reduce the risk of both colon and breast cancer.