All right, so I won’t hide the fact that I really love working out at the gym because it gives me a chance to leave my home. Working at home can be rewarding, but you feel stuck in a box some days.
Now, I know that for busy moms with busy lives, making the time to drive to a gym, find parking, pay for parking, get into your workout clothes, do an hour workout, drive back home, take care of the family, get dinner ready and then take care of household chores is just too much to ask.
That’s why I’m such a HUGE fan of fitness DVDs for people who want to get into shape and who just cannot find the time to get to a gym. People make a huge deal of the latest and greatest fitness trend as life changer and THE all time best way of losing weight, but the reality is quite simple – if you start moving and sweating you’ll burn calories. That means that when you do intensive exercises (regardless of which one), you’ll burn fat, you’ll lose weight and you’ll lose belly fat!
That said, I’ve found a few DVD that will get you moving and get you to take real action if your goal for 2010 is to become healthier and fit.
Oh, before I go down the list, I should point out that “age is nothing but a number” and that means that if you are in your 40s, 50s, 60s, it’s NOT too late to get in the best shape of your life.
PLEASE: consult with your doctor to make sure you can actually start any of these workouts when in doubt.
>>> 10 Fitness DVD to get you in shape at home:
1. Jillian Michaels (aka The Biggest Loser fitness guru):Banish Fat Boost Metabolism ($12) is an all over body sculpting circuit workout led by hardcore trainer Jillian Michaels. Quick movements and high rep counts make this a challenging workout geared towards the more advanced.
2. Jillian’s 30 Day Shred (aka The Biggest Loser fitness guru): This DVD won’t disappoint when it comes to results. Jillian provides equal emphasis placed on strength and cardio (which are both important to losing weight).
3. The Biggest Loser:Last Chance Workout ($10) Jillian Michaels and past Biggest Loser contestants take you through three workouts that focus on maximizing the body’s fat burning capabilities. If you loved the fast pace of
4. Personal Training with Jackie: Power Circuit Training: I just LOVE (L-O-V-E) Jackie Warner (from the hit reality show Workout) and if I had the money, I’d drop the $400/hr to workout with her. If you don’t have that kind of money, try her DVD which will set you back by only a few dollars (less than what you’d pay to go to the movies). Personal Training with Jackie Power Circuit Training features five different circuit training workouts that differ in total workout time and areas of the body targeted.
5. So You Think You Can Dance: Dancing is such a liberating form of expression and to think that you can get tone and shaped while shaking what your Momma gave you is a bonus! Tone and Groove Dance is a DVD workout featuring some of the past contestants from So You Think You Can Dance. For only a few dollars, these celebrity dancers will take you through upbeat and fun cardio routines focusing on hip-hop, jazz, and cha cha.
6. Harley Pasternak’s 5-Factor Fitness DVD and Journal: Harley is the guy who gave Lady Gaga her killer abs, and he shares the same moves in this workout DVD (the DVD and journal will set you back $35). Harley Pasternak’s 5-Factor Fitness DVD and Journal is a total 5-week program that focuses on diet and exercise by using Harley’s 5-Factor program. As the weeks go on, the intensity of the workouts increase to help whip your body into phenomenal shape.
7. Get Extremely Ripped withJari Love: The title pretty much says it all. Get Extremely Ripped (which costs only $15) is an hour-long DVD full of squats, lunges, overhead presses, and biceps curls. Be warned: all your muscles will be aching after this one, but if you keep it up, you’ll see great results!
8. Hemalayaa Bollywood Booty workout: The cover of the DVD says it all “Lift and firm your backside. Burn fat and calories. Laugh, smile, enjoy!” If you enjoy the beauty of Bollywood dancing, you’ll get a kick out of this workout that will get you moving. The DVD is only $14.99 and if you cannot get enough of the workout, you’ll want to get the entire Hemalyaa Starter Pack!
9. Daily Energy Vinyasa Flow Yoga with Shiva Rea: Shiva Rea is considered one of the top Vinyasa yoga instructors and you’ll quickly understand why once you start doing a few sessions from this DVD. Daily Energy Vinyasa Flow Yoga with Shiva Rea ($20) contains seven 20-minute yoga sessions, which encourages time on the mat every day. Practices range from grounding and relaxing to uplifting and energetic. If you you’re looking for that Madonna body, this is surely a good first step!
10. Leslie Sansone Walk Away the Pounds Ultimate Collection: When it comes to the walk exercises and walking fitness, Leslie Sansone is queen. Walk Away the Pounds Ultimate Collection is a great collection for anyone getting started with a fitness regimen or who wants a gentler approach. Leslie also incorporates floor mat routines, weights, and stretches to her walking workouts to maximize results. You won’t have a super hard body from this DVD (which only cost $14), but it’s a great starting point to get active on a regular base!
>>>> If you’re viewing this healthy eating or healthy living tip as part of an aggregated content stream from different sites, or as a re-blogged post, please check out the contenton the original Web site at www.EatSmartAgeSmart.com