It really depends on the fungi eaten. Mushrooms are fungi and some are perfectly delicious with many health benefits. On the other end of the spectrum, some mushrooms are poisonous, even deadly. In between is the potential for stomach aches and nausea.
As with any food, if its origin and shelf-life can't be confirmed, or it simple smells bad, be wise and stay away from it.
NOTICE: The information provided on this site is not a substitute for professional medical advice,
diagnosis, or treatment. Never delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice from your
physician or other qualified health provider because of something you have read on Wellsphere.
If you have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately.