I decided to do something different today! I’m letting you guys into my makeup bag!
I’ve had multiple reader request about cruelty-free, vegan, and natural make-ups and thought it would be fun to show you what I’m loving and why. I’ve always been a lover of animals (especially bunnies, duh), but when I was younger I never paid much attention as to if the brands I was using were tested on animals. I knew that I loved makeup and that was that. Never realizing that precious little animals were harmed in the process of making some of the products I use. I’m not vegan, but since I pay close attention to what I put into my body, I have been paying much more attention to what I put on my body as well.
If I’m going to put makeup on and let it soak into my skin, I should probably look at what’s in it, right? It’s something that we often forget about. If we aren’t eating it, then it must be ok, right? Wrong! If you have Celiac Disease or are truly gluten intolerant, make-up containing gluten might be having an effect of you. It’s seriously something that I never thought about until my friend was diagnosed with Celiac Disease. Think about it this way. If you are putting chapstick, lipstick, or lipgloss on, you actuallyend up ingesting it throughout the day. As I was helping my friend find products that were gluten-free, I started going research crazy looking for natural cosmetic and skincare brands. I got totally sucked into the research and obsessed with what I was learning!
I learned that a majority of my make-up was cruelty free, not tested on animals and BDIH certified natural! I’ve been slowly transitioning my makeup bag and learning about new brands that are 100% vegan and even gluten-free! Unfortunately there are some drugstore brands that I use such as Maybelline, that still test on animals… but I’m making my way towards beauty without bunnies !
If you’re interested in transitioning your makeup bag towards more natural and cruelty free products, you can see lists by PETA of companies who DON’T test on animals , and companies who unfortunately do .
When learning more about Lush Fresh Handmade Cosmetics, I found their slogan witty but sad at the same time! ” Speak out or the bunny gets it! ” It was worth a mention! I’m glad they like bunnies too!
1. Tweezerman Slant Tweezers - these are so precise, they get every little tiny microscopic hair. Can’t live without them!
2. Hello Kitty for Sephora Jeweled Compact Mirror - My mom gave me this for Valentine’s day a couple of years ago!
3. bareMinerals Original Mineral Veil - I like to dust this on over my foundation or beauty balm to lock my makeup in place. I figure, I’ve already spent so much time finding/matching the perfect liquid foundation color, why change it with a strange colored powder? Protects your skin from harmful UVA/UVB rays with 25 SPF. Just a bare veil of minerals that lock makeup in place and give your skin airbrushed perfection. Not tested on animals.
4. bareMinerals Purely Nourishing Moisturizer – Love the light herbal smell of this and the fact that it doesn’t irritate my sensitive skin. Formulated without parabens, synthetic fragrances, and artificial oils. Not tested on animals. 5. Urban Decay Baked Bronzer in Gilded – The perfect golden bronze for a CA summer glow year round. Cruelty-free. Not tested on animals. 6. Lavera Gentle Eye Makeup Remover - Gentle enough for my sensitive skin, but strong enough to remove my cat eyes at night! Vegan, gluten-free, cruelty free, NaTrue certified Natural, and BDIH certified natural cosmetics.
7. Hello Kitty for Sephora Retractable Kabuki Brush – The cutest blush brush I own! 8. Urban Decay Travel size Eyeshadow Primer Potion – This is my favorite primer. It does it exactly what it says and keeps my eyeshadow put all day. Cruelty-free. Not tested on animals. 9. Sephora Collection Classic Blending Brush #29 & Classic Large Synthetic Eyeshadow Brush #25 - These are the only two eyeshadow brushes I use. One for the lids and the other for crease color. They’re made of synthetic bristles that are durable and don’t fall out! No animal fur found here, meow!
10. Benefit They’re Real! Mascara - Love love love this mascara. lengthens, curls, volumizes, lifts and separates with a super amazing rubber applicator that gets all of the baby lashes! I probably spend the most time on my lashes and I love when people ask if they’re real. Yes, They’re real! Just like the title suggests! Not tested on animals.
11. Urban Decay Naked Basics Eyeshadow Palette - My favorite everyday eyeshadow palette of natural browns and tans. Cruelty-free. Not tested on animals.
12. Benecos Happy Nails Nail Polish in Expressive Mint - Love the color and shine this polish gives. Free from toluene, camphor, phthalates or formaldehydes. Cruelty free & vegan!
13. Boscia Bright White Peel Off mask - I’m quickly getting obsessed with this brand! Free of parabens, sulfates, phthalates, preservatives, ethanol alcohol, artificial color, and animal ingredients. It has been dermatologist-tested and is pH balanced with no testing on animals.
14. Sephora Collection Pro Allover Powder Brush #61 & Pro Flawless Airbrish #56 – I LOVE these brushes, I have been using them for years and have bought them for all of the girls in my family. They’re made of high quality synthetic bristles that allow you to go from liquid to powder and back again without sticking together. They’re ultra soft and give a perfect flawless look with broth liquid and powder foundations. I’ll never use a normal foundation brush again. 15. Maybelline Fit Me Foundation in Natural Beige 220 - I’m really hard to match when it comes to foundation, but this is one of the only brands that has a color and formula that actually works for me. I’m hoping to find a more natural and cruelty-free foundation that matches my skin!
16. Benecos Natural Powder Blush in Sassy Salmon - This color is gorgeous, plus it’s gluten-free, cruelty free, and a BDIH certified natural cosmetic.
17. C.O. Bigelow Lemon Lip Balm No. 1421 - I’m a chapstick junkie, and this one glides on smooth and really moisturizes. Formulated with a high concentration of lemon oil and extract, Vitamin C, and super-nourishing Shea Butter. 100% natural lemon flavor. Not tested on animals.
18. Urban Decay Naked Skin Beauty Balm - I like to use this on days where I’m running errands around town and only need light coverage. It evens out my skin tone and reduces redness instantly! Cruelty-free. Not tested on animals. I like to set it with the bareMinerals Mineral Veil (#3).
19. Palmer’s Cocoa Butter Formula Swivel Stick - As I said before I’m addicted to chapstick. I put this bad boy on before bed and wake up with super moisturized lips. Cruelty-free. Not tested on animals.
20. Lush Lemony Flutter Cuticle Butter – I slather this all over my hands (especially in the winter) to keep them from getting dry. I love the light lemon scent and that it’s all natural. Not tested on animals. 21. Hollywood Fashion Tape - I ALWAYS have this in my makeup bag! I use this to keep pants temporarily hemmed, to keep the neckline of my lower cut shirts in place, and also fill the tin with safety pins and bobby pins and a hair tie or two for emergencies.
22. Benecos Eyebrow Designer in Brown - Great for perfecting pretty brows! Vegan, gluten-free, cruelty free, BDIH certified natural cosmetics.
23. Urban Decay 24/7 Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner in Perversion - I’ve saved the best for last! My ALL-TIME-FAVORITE eyeliner! This liquid liner has the thinnest brush so you can get the most beautiful and perfect line on your lids. I’m a big fan of the cat eye, and this liner trumps all liquid liners. It makes lining 10 times easier and stays put no matter what. Seriously, you can go swimming with this on if you dare! Cruelty free. Not tested on animals.
* Speaking of curelty-free, I know that my Chanel makeup bag is made from lamb, and I do own other handbags that are made of leather etc. As stated before, I am not 100% vegan, but am currently transitioning my makeup to more natural and cruelty-free items! I respect your lifestyle, so please respect mine and others! xo
My everyday make-up! Love that Benecos Natural Powder Blush in Sassy Salmon!
As someone who has a collection of over 60 nail polishes, I fell madly in love with this one! It’s so shiny and glossy that it doesn’t even need a top coat! Someone even asked me if my polish was gel! Plus, it’s free from toluene, camphor, phthalates or formaldehydes. Cruelty free, gluten-free, & vegan! Happy bunny!
I discovered some of my new favorite vegan, gluten-free, cruelty free, paraben-free, natural cosmetic brands from my True Beauty Box from Love True Natural ! Love True natural offers three different Beauty Boxes : Flirt ($30), Veganista ($30), and Indulge ($40). With your subscription, you will get a new beauty box (from your chosen boy style) each month, filled with new products and cosmetics for you to try and love! It’s a great affordable way to test new brands without having to commit to expensive full size products.
The Perks of Being a True Beauty:
Exclusive member-only promo codes for 15% off site-wide on LoveTrueNatural.com
Monthly online promotions and giveaways available just for True Beauties!
Get up to 2x the value of your monthly subscription cost in products!
My beauty box included a Benecos Brow Designer, Lavera make-up remover, Benecos nail polish, Lavera lip balm, True Organic sweet grapefruit soap, and two samples of True Baby sunscreen, and True Self Tanner! I ended up in LOVE with the make-up remover and polish and use the brow pencil to define my brows! I love trying new products, but love them even more when they are fantastic!
GIVEAWAY! Love True Natural is giving one lucky RFFMBT reader the chance to try a True Beauty Box ! *Winner’s beauty box will contain different items than mine pictured above.
For your chance to win
1. Comment on this post telling me your favorite must have beauty item.