Um, yeah, it's an embarrassing topic, but gas happens. And while it's true that a variety of wholesome, high-fiber foods like beans and broccoli add to the problem, that's usually just because your digestive tract isn't used to tons of fiber. In fact, if you get acclimated to the fiber, you're a lot less likely to suffer from gas in general.
Here are some things you can do to say goodbye to flatulence:
1) Make sure you chew your high-fiber foods thoroughly. This helps with digestion.
2) Drink lots and lots of water.
3) Flavor foods with seasonings like ginger, turmeric, and fennel seeds. This helps decrease a food's gassy potential.
4) Get lots of exercise.
5) Cook fruits and veggies that tend to give you gas, to help aid in digestion.
6) Soak dried beans before cooking them.
7) Over-the-counter gas aids like Beano help to eat up troublesome gas-inducing carbohydrates, so try to have them on hand.