It's 8.30pm Saturday night and in exactly 8 hours I will be on a plane headed to Bali Indonesia. Yippee! Although if you did the math, that means I leave Australia at 4.30am, which means I have to be at the airport by 2.30am, which means I will be getting up and leaving the house by 1.30am! Not so much sleep tonight... It's a good thing I plan to get to the hotel tomorrow and immediately don a summery dress, get a 1 hour massage for about $10 and enjoy fresh juices, fresh exotic fruits and fresh coconut water throughout the day while I lay in the sunshine and read lots of great books. This holiday, which is for 5 nights, I have selected a mix of my standard personal development/spiritual books, including book 2 and book 3 of the Anastasia series and The Voice of Knowledge by Don Miguel Ruiz, plus a couple of absorbing "trash" novels in line with my current favourite genre...romantic vampire stories ;).
In February when I was going on my whirlwind trip to Ireland, London and NYC, I shared some travel tips that I always adhere to. This time round my trip away is a lot shorter, closer to home, and yet it is not a western country so it has its challenges (such as a lack of fresh water and raw produce being a hygiene no-no in many places). Here I share with you what I am doing to ensure I stay healthy, cleansed and in line with my chosen (and adored) detoxifying lifestyle while abroad.
1. Loading up on green juice and blended raw green soups in the weeks before travel. I always have a minimum of 1 litre of green juice daily and usually a raw green soup (a blend of greens, avocado and spices typically) every couple of days. In the past week I have had a minimum of 1.5 litres of green juice daily and a green smoothie/soup every day. This has helped to deeply alkalise and hydrate my body and provide superior nutrition so that there is much less chance of getting sick.
2. I have had two colonics. This is fairly standard for me so it was just a matter of keeping this up in the past few weeks to ensure waste matter is removed that could otherwise allow yeast and pathogenic bacteria to proliferate.
3. I have packed and already been taking the following supplements and herbs: blue green algae, probiotics, pau d'arco, cat's claw and a greens powder that I will mix with water and lemon juice while in Bali.
4. I have packed two 1.5 litre bottles of frozen green juice for my first two days. I will be able to gte fresh juice and coconut water in Bali so two days worth of juice is enough.
5. I will be enjoying fresh fruit and vegetables but only eating those with thick skins that can be removed such as melons and bananas and only eating raw fruits and vegetables from restaurants that declare they use purified water only when washing their produce.
6. I am taking a vegetable peeler, a mini shaker of Himalayan Crystal Salt, stevia and plenty of herbal tea bags. I love peeled cucumbers with a sprinkling of salt...I can see myself eating these poolside now!
7. I will be getting daily massages, sweating in the heat, walking, meditating and relaxing! Each are incredibly health-promoting in their own right. Put them all together and ba BOOM - we have super-charged Life Force Energy loving!
These are just a few small but powerful tips that you can consider using when you are going to be travelling to make sure you stay in tip top shape and do not compromise all the wonderful detoxing you do when at home. My eBook Get VITAL! Unleash Wild Energy & Radiant Beauty Using The POwer of Raw Food gives DETAILED info and tips on how you can make your travels work best for you when leading a cleansing lifestyle. I highly recommend picking it up if you are a frequent traveller. I cover everything form short trips away to long term travelling to business trips. You can pick up a copy here.
Now I best be off to do a few more hours work, pack and get maybe one hour of sleep before heading off. I won't be blogging for the next week but check back in soon after for a rundown of my holiday and no doubt some colourful pictures.