1. FROZEN produce
Fruit! MANGO, pineapple, berries, ...
Frozen veggies! ARTICHOKES, shelled edamame beans (so convenient!)
PS: once I bought their delicious edamame hummus!...it was kind of expensive for the quantity, but truly tasty! (not frozen or on the top 8 list, but something to try!)
2. Indian SIMMERING sauces in a jar, and boxed Indian dishes, like palak paneer and eggplant punjab !
3. Freeze dried raspberries! These are SO FLAVORFUL! Check it out: you can eat this whole, big bag for only 130 calories and 11 grams of fiber! I don't think I could ever eat this whole bag at once :~ Plus, NO other ingredients necessary to preserve the fruit!
4. Roasted, unsweetened CASHEWS are our favorite! ...plus, there's a large variety of nuts, all at a great value!
5. Whole wheat tortillas, Food for Life Ezekiel bread (sesame seed and cinnamon raisin ), whole wheat pita chips, other chips (they have a few different kinds with 3g of fiber) -- lots of healthy healthy bread choices!
6. Earth Balance buttery spread -- cheapest around! This yummy, non-animal, non-hydrogenated spread is a great alternative to butter or any other "margarine" on the market (that I'm aware of ...please share what you enjoy :)
7. Larabars -- if you've ever stopped by Fresh-YOU, you know how much I love these -- maybe the perfect snack! I even make them at home !
8. Chocolate covered espresso beans and dark chocolate covered edamame beans , single serving dark chocolate bars (these have some sugar, but are still better than other options!
9. Fresh fruits and veggies -- when anything is on sale, the prices are pretty good!
Bonus! Flowers!, even potted basil! ...wine there is also impressive in value and quality!
So, I love Trader Joe's. I love the value. I love the friendly atmosphere. I love that the ingredients lists don't require magnifying glasses!
There are many other Trader Joe's products that would also likely be staples if it were not for my neighborhood Costco! Still, I am always sure to be stocked up on #1-8!
So does Lisa at 100 Days of Real Food -- here are her favs !
COMMENTS? What are your favorite healthy foods from Trader Joe's?!