I spent Labor Day weekend with my family and enjoyed a little bonding time with my 9 year old niece.
We took a walk into town and enjoyed some ice cream, spent time organizing her school supplies and, of course, I got a fashion show to see the new outfits she picked out for this fall.
That weekend reminded me how September used to be a time for new beginnings – reconnecting with school friends, purchasing all new clothes because you out grew the old ones, doodling on your loose-leaf notebook, the new fall TV season. It also made me realize it is time to set new goals so I can better establish my priorities, stay organized and motivated.
My friend Craig Ballantyne helped me organize my fitness goals by sharing with me what he feels are the top 7 fitness transformation secrets:
1) Clean out the pantry One of the biggest pitfalls in a weight loss program is added sugarand mindless snacking (especially between getting home from work and dinner). Get rid of the junk. Toss it. Better the garbage can eats it than you do.
2) Stop doing slow boring cardio Increase the intensity of your workouts and switch to interval training. And yes, even beginners can do interval training when using the Turbulence Training system.
3) Use professionally designed, structured workouts You should be in and out of your workouts in less than 45 minutes, three times per week. On the other 4 days of the week, stay active,getting at least a 30-minute walk in each day.
4) Set up home gym with ball, bench, and adjustable dumbells That's all you need. If you are feeling frisky, you can add a pull-up bar to your home gym. But to change your body, you only need a little bit of equipment at home. You don't need an expensive gym membership or one of those colossal home gyms, or even a pricey bowflex. Your body doesn't discriminate on price. It simply responds to the turbulence you put on your body, and you can do that on the cheap.
5) Watch this You tube video on how to do Turbulence Training Bodyweight Circuits at home instead of using cardio machines.
6) Plan, shop, and prepare your food Finding the right nutrition program is CRITICAL to success, and so is planning. You can't out-train a bad diet, but you can out-plan bad habits. So invest 2 hours on the weekend to prepare as many ofyour fat burning meals as possible for the week ahead.
7) Get Social Support This is the most important Weight Loss Secret that no one pays attention to. But the bottom line is... you can't do this on your own.
You need support from others to stick to your workouts, to make the right diet choices day-in and day-out and to have someone prop you up when you are feeling down and also to "call you out" when you are feeling like cutting corners.
Effective Monday, September 15, the cost of a Platinum Turbulence Training Membership will be going up. The Platinum Membership gives you access to three years worth of Turbulence Training workouts, Kettlebell workouts, Diet Plans, a copy of TT Fat-Loss Exercise DVDs, a downloadable index of the TT Exercise Index (approx. 100 individual exercises), the TT Member Forum, and more.
You can lock-in at the current pricing plan by visiting TurbulenceTraining.com.
Train hard; stay strong.
If you enjoy this article, please consider sharing it via your favorite social media, likeDigg,StumbleUpon,TwitterorKirtsy. Thanks!