Dinner: Since it was a cold day, a turkey meatloaf melt sounded good. We added a little pasta sauce to the whole wheat bread and then topped it with a slice of a tomato, leftover meatloaf and Gouda cheese. We placed the melts under the broiler for a few minutes, until the cheese was bubbly and golden brown. They turned out so good! On the side, we had a pear and walnut salad mixed with a little balsamic vinegar and olive oil.
Perfect for a cold night!
One of the reasons as to why I am writing this so late is that I helped coach the beginner’s CrossFit class tonight. It was my first opportunity to take the lead and coach most of the class. I was extremely excited, but also a little nervous, especially since there were 30 people in class! Even though I have taught health education classes to 20-25 people and led meetings with several audience members in the past, I still had a few nerves. Overall, it went okay, a little chaotic, but not too bad. I definitely have some areas that I need to work on, especially being louder and loosening up a bit, but with time, they should come (I hope!).
Now, onto The Very Inspiring Blog Award !
It is a fun award to get to know fellow bloggers!
Here is how the award works
1. Thank the person who nominated you.
2. List 7 things about yourself.
3. Nominate 15 bloggers and inform them.
7 Things About Myself:
1. I raised sheep and showed them competitively for 4-H and FFA from the ages of 9 to 18 years old. My oldest brother started the breeding project, so I literally grew up with sheep. In fact, I was so close to all of our ewes, that my brothers would send me in to get them (as little as 2 years old!) for vaccinations or trimming their hooves! The sheep loved me!
2. I absolutely LOVE Lucille Ball and the “I love Lucy” show. My grandmother introduced me to the show when I was 8 years old and I haven’t stopped watching it, in fact. When I am sick or feeling down, I watch a couple episodes and I always feel better. I used to collect the show’s memorabilia, in fact in our first home, our guest room was the “Lucy” room with all things “I Love Lucy,” including the bedding!
3. I am the youngest in my family with a 10 year age gap between my oldest brother, Chris and me. My middle brother and I are 5 years a part. It was great growing-up with two older brothers. They were my protectors, but also taught me to be tough, to stand my ground and be myself. I loved wrestling and playing football with them. They were the best big brothers a girl could have!
4. My husband and I were the choreographers for my high school’s show choir during our first year of marriage. I was in show choir and danced throughout high school and my husband used to teach swing dancing, so the choral director at the time, asked us to help. We had so much fun, especially choreographing, “Proud Mary.”
5. I met my husband on the doorstep of my apartment my second year of college. Even though we had a couple of classes together a few semesters prior (he saw me in class, I didn’t know him at the time), he was too shy to talk to me. One night, he and his friends (who lived in the apartment across from mine) were having a little get-together. They parked their car in front of my apartment and saw me studying on the couch through the window. His friend wanted to invite me to their party, so he knocked on the door. My husband immediately spewed out the classes that we had been in together, as well as stating what I used to wear, so I immediately declined their party invitation and locked the door (stalker!). A little while later, my now-husband knocked on the door holding a special Belgian cherry beer, called Kriek, that he felt I absolutely had to taste. My roommate, who had just gotten home and didn’t know what had happened, earlier, immediately let him in. We have been together ever since! We actually used Kriek (instead of champagne) for our toast at our wedding.
6. One of my favorite places to shop is Nordstrom. Their customer service is awesome and you can literally return anything at anytime (with or without receipt) and still get your money back. Though, I am on a budget, I can’t always shop there as much as I like. When they have crazy sales, like their Anniversary or Half-Yearly ones, I always try to go, because their deals are hard to miss!
7. Playing the piano and singing are two hobbies/passions of mine. I took piano lessons when I was little (4 years old) and vocal lessons in high school. I try to play the piano as often as I can, but I don’t always have the time. One of my goals is to truly sing and play the piano at the same time. For some pieces that I have mostly memorized, it is easier, but sight reading both piano and vocals is something I’ve yet to master.
Question: What are some of your favorite things or things people don’t know about you?