The Biggest Loser Season 8 recipes: Grilled and Spiced Chicken Breast with Cucumber Yogurt Sauce recipe
Posted Dec 10 2009 9:20am
I’ll be honest, the only thing I could think about when I first read this recipe was a warm whole wheat pita bread and a Greek salad!
This recipe is all about freshness, lightness and flavour.
Now, I will say this up front, there are a few ingredients that might be harder to find depending where you live.
If you live in big cities, you’ll easily find ingredients such as cumin seeds, fennel seeds, coriander seeds, cayenne pepper or turmeric powder.
I’m featuring this recipe during the most festive month of the year because with all those heavy meals, it’s good to include some lighter meals like this one from The Biggest Loser Season 8 recipes!
The Biggest Loser Season 8: Grilled and Spiced Chicken Breast with Cucumber Yogurt Sauce recipe
¼ teaspoon cumin seeds
¼ teaspoon fennel seeds
¼ teaspoon coriander seeds
¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 teaspoon lemon juice
2 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped fine
½ cucumber, peeled and deseeded and finely diced
4 cups mixed baby salad greens
4 sprigs fresh cilantro
1. Preheat a grill or grill pan.
2. Place a small sauté pan over medium high heat and toast each of the seeds separately for 1 to 2 minutes and remove from pan to a mixing bowl to cool.
3. Using a mortar and pestle or a food processor grind the spices into a powder being sure to break up any large pieces of the seeds.
4. Pass the spice mix through a small sifter into a mixing bowl and mix well, set aside.
5. On a clean work surface lay out several even layers of plastic wrap approximately 1 foot wide and place one chicken breast over the plastic.
6. Cover the chicken with another piece of layered plastic and lightly pound the chicken breast with a meat mallet or meat tenderizer until the chicken breast is thinned out to about a ½ inch thickness, being careful not to rip or tear the chicken breast.
7. Repeat with the second chicken breast.
8. Lightly brush the grill with a little vegetable oil.
9. Season each side of the chicken generously with the spice mix and reserve any remaining spice mix for a later use in an airtight container.
10. Place the chicken breasts on the grill and cook for 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until an instant read thermometer inserted into the chicken reads 165 F (73.89 Celsius).
11. While the chicken is cooking mix the lemon juice, garlic, cucumber and yogurt in a small mixing bowl until well incorporated.
12. Remove the chicken from the grill to a plate and let rest for 2 to 3 minutes.
13. Arrange the greens on a large serving platter.
14. Place the chicken breasts atop the greens and drizzle the sauce over and around the chicken.
15. Garnish the chicken with cilantro leaves and serve.
>>>> If you’re viewing this healthy eating or healthy living tip as part of an aggregated content stream from different sites, or as a re-blogged post, please check out the contenton the original Web site at www.EatSmartAgeSmart.com