Printable Recipe |
1 onion, diced2 sweet potatoes, scrubbed clean and chopped into bite size cubesCoarse ground salt and fresh cracked pepper
Dressing1 apple, cored and diced2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil2 Tbsp apple cider vinegarZest of 1/2 lemon1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice2 Tbsp honey
2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley2 Tbsp fresh chives1 100 calorie pack Craisins
1. Preheat oven to 400F. Spray cooking spray on a large sheet pan and lay onion and sweet potatoes on top evenly. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast for 35 minutes or until just tender but not mushy. Remove from oven and cool.
2. Mix the dressing ingredients in small empty jar** or bowl. Pour 3 Tbsp over potato mixture and reserve the rest. Top with parsley, chives and Craisins. Toss gently to coat.
3. Serve on the side of Black Forest Ham and Goat Cheese Sandwich on Tuscan Roasted Garlic Bread or top with crispy tofu croutons (recipe to follow).
**Tip: This is the perfect time to recycle a small empty glass jar ( like the one I used to store beans ) such as a baby food jar etc. The dressing can also be stored in this saving some dish washing!
Crispy Tofu Croutons
1 block "lite" tofu1/4 cup Annie's Organic Goddess Dressing 2 tsp extra-virgin olive oil (and olive oil cooking spray)Coarse ground salt, fresh ground pepper, garlic powder
2. Spray a large skillet with cooking spray and add 2 tsp of extra virgin olive oil. Heat over medium high heat. Add tofu and cook each side until crispy. About three minutes per side. Season with salt, pepper and a generous amount of garlic powder, to taste. Cool a bit and top sweet potato apple salad with desired amount of tofu cubes. (Should provide about 4 servings or for me, 2.)
3. Serve mixture over Apple Cider Kale Salad (optional). Recipe to follow.
**Tip: To press tofu you can us a tofu press , where all you have to do is place the tofu in and close the lid, or you can simply put the tofu between two plates and place a book on top to press the water out.
Apple Cider Kale Salad Printable Recipe Ingredients
1 bunch fresh kale, stems removed and chopped1/4 cup Apple Cider Vinaigrette (recipe above)Coarse salt, fresh ground pepper, to taste
1. Pour dressing over kale in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper. **Massage for three minutes until kale begins to break down a bit.
**Tip: To massage the kale, once the dressing is poured over, simply use your hands to mix in the dressing and squeeze the kale a bit as you go.
And here's a photo of everything together. It was so fun to play with this recipe that was originally a side!