Clearly one of our most important wars we need to fight today is the war on childhood obesity. What could possibly be more important than that?
Here are some simple things that we as a nation could do to begin to make that happen.
1. Ban the advertising of all sodas, junk foods and processed foods in the United States.
2. Outlaw the placement of junk food vending machines and fast food restaurants in schools, hospitals and other public places.
3. Tax the sale of junk foods, sodas and processed foods, then use the funds to air public education advertisements teaching nutritional concepts.
4. Require disease warnings to be printed on the packaging of all junk food and processed food products, much like the Surgeon General's warning on cigarettes. "Warning: Drinking this soda promotes diabetes."
5. Outlaw the use of toxic chemical additives in foods, including sodium nitrite, artificial coloring chemicals, sodium benzoate, aspartame and others.
This is so incredibly simple and it would make a major impact on every aspect of our lives. I mean, how can we expect children who are growing up on junk food and toxic diets to lead our country someday? How can we expect to live in a positive environment when people are filling their bodies with so much negativity.