Sweet Baked Potato 1. Wrap a sweet potato in foil. Butter the outside skin first, or just wrap it plain. Season with kosher or sea salt if desired. I just wrap mine plain, and bake at 400 degrees for one hour, or until soft to the touch.
2. I add in cinnamon and ginger right before serving, and sometimes butter and lemon juice for a really sweet, savory taste. The half I cooked in this recipe was one half a baked potato, sliced in half, cooked the same way, but only about 45 minutes.
3. Sweet baked potatoes make great side dishes for lunch and can opt in for a more filling meal , or breakfast even, anytime.
Next, I cut up the remaining half of the baked potato that I didn't use with the above recipe, and simply cut it into wedges, and did the same with one red potato. Then, I seasoned all with earth balance soy free buttery spread.
Potato Wedge Pack
1/4 of a sweet baked potato, cut into wedges.
1 red potato, cut into wedges.
1 tsp. parsley
2 tsp. earth balance buttery spread
1 tsp. cracked black pepper
Directions 1. Wrap in a small piece of foil and roll up into a packet. Bake in the oven at 400 for 45 minutes.
3. The last recipe is for Sweet Potato fries and serves 1. These are so delicious you'll never know they're healthy.
Sweet Potato Fritter Fries
1/2 a sweet potato
2 tsp. all purpose seasoner or salt-free seasoner.
2 tbsp. oil ( I used olive but you can use coconut, flax, or canola.
Directions 1. Cut a sweet potato half ( skins on ) into strips. The easiest way to do this is to simply cut the half in half, then keep doing that until you get fry strips.
2. Put them all in a Ziploc bag and add the remaining ingredients.
3. Shake the bag really well and you can refrigerate until you are ready to bake, or you can just go ahead and bake them.
4. To bake: place on a baking sheet, or on a piece of foil on a baking sheet, and bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes, or until slightly soft but still crispy feeling. If they are to hard, they aren't done. If the are mushy, they're overdone:)
These are so delicious. I served fresh greens with the hash salad and potatoes tonight. They are great cooked in olive oil, with an onion and simply cracked black pepper and sea salt.
Now, for one easy dinner, call Wade's, bake some potatoes and enjoy some good southern greens:) Your heart, soul and tummy will thank you:)