Sour Cream Baked Mahi Mahi With Lemon Slices On Ricotta Creamed Spinach – January Improv Challenge
Posted Jan 19 2012 6:20am
This is my very first time participating in the monthly Improv Challenge hosted by Kristen of Frugal Antics Of A Harried Homemaker . This month’s ingredient pair were sour cream and lemons, and I immediately knew I wanted to use fish in my recipe. I use too few real citrus fruit (as opposed to just juice) anyways, so this was the perfect opportunity. I used a SparkRecipe as my starting point and went from there. This recipe is super healthy and super tasty, and I had so much fun participating in the Improv Challenge!
- 3 oz fillet mahi mahi
- 1 package frozen spinach
- 2 oz fat-free sour cream (or Greek yogurt)
- 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup fat free ricotta
- garlic powder, salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350F. On aluminum foil, spread 1 oz sour cream and top with with mahi mahi fillet.
2. Sprinkle with pepper, salt and a healthy amount of garlic powder, spread remaining ounce of sour cream and layer on slices of lemon to completely cover the fish.
3. Wrap in foil and bake for 25 minutes.
4. Meanwhile steam spinach in the microwave until thawed, season with salt, pepper and 1 tbsp juice from the remaining lemon. Add ricotta and stir well, then microwave for another minute.