Smoothies, Smoothies Everywhere - How 'bout some straws for those? (Giveaway Alert!)
Posted Apr 05 2010 9:30am
Happy Monday, y'all!!! Hope you had a lovely weekend filled with sunshine and celebrations.
It has been wonderfully warm and sunny here in Colorado and we're finally celebrating the true arrival of Spring. Oh sure, there might be more snow and there will most certainly be a couple more frosts overnight, but the worst of winter is over!! Hurray!
Now that it's Spring we're having smoothies every morning for breakfast. Little energy-packed jars of nutritious goodies are such a great way to start the day. They are also a tremendously easy way of getting vitamins, minerals, and calories into our skinny kids who get tired of eating all day long.
We sneak all kinds of good stuff into the kids' smoothies; probiotics, hemp protein, greens, EFA's...you name it!
So...what do I have for you today?? A smoothie recipe, and a giveaway!!! First our recipe for "sneaky green smoothies," the easy way to slip some greens to your kiddos.
Sneaky Green Smoothie (makes 2 pretty purple quarts)
Blend the following ingredients in a high speed blender until smooth- 1 frozen banana - 1 cup frozen organic cherries - 1/2 cup frozen organic Goji berries - 1/2 cup Acai juice - 1/2 cup blueberries - 1 to 2 heads baby bok choy, raw - 2 cups coconut water
Simple enough? The kiddos love it. You could also slip in some green powders, acidophilus, and other assorted "superfoods" if you like. Just start slowly. Too many powders can funk up the best smoothies.
Okay, on to the very best part of this post...presents for YOU!!! The lovely people at GlassDharma have provided us with a $25.00 gift certificate for the lucky winner of this week's giveaway!!
The winner will be chosen by random drawing on Monday, April 12th and announced here. Entries need to be in by midnight Mountain Standard time on Sunday, April 11th.
Here's what you need to do to enter:
(each thing you do gets you a separate entry in the drawing - please be sure to leave a SEPARATE comment for each action you take):
1)Visit GlassDharma's web page and leave a comment telling me something that you learned about their products.
2) Follow me in google friend or with an RSS feed and leave a comment letting me know you did so (or that you already follow this blog).
3) Follow me on twitter @ http://twitter.com/FayinaGirl and leave a comment here letting me know that you did (or already do), with your twitter name.
4) Tweet about the giveaway and leave a comment letting me know that you did. You can tweet once a day for a new entry each day. (Just be sure to leave a comment here letting me know that you did so.)
5) Add Gluten Free Vegan Family to your blogroll and (you guessed it) leave a comment letting me know that you did (or leave a comment telling us that we're already on your blogroll).
6) Blog about this giveaway and leave a link to your post in the comments.