As I have said before in my blog, I don't eat a whole heck of a lot of grains, but I will have occasional quality bread, oatmeal, and Whole Foods Pizza, and I just don't see myself at this point going over to grain-free and gluten free.
Most importantly, I am trying to think outside the box with this whole "grain-free" thing, and I use papaya enzymes to digest gluten and meat. That allows me to enjoy some "quality" grains here and there.
"Everything in moderation, including moderation"
* 3 pounds pasture raised chicken (many prefer breasts, but I prefer dark meat, or a mix, because dark meat adds to flavor, and healthy fat doesn't make you fat , and is not unhealthy when derived from quality sources)
* 1 organic onion, peeled and cut into chunks
* @ 6 ounces (or more depending on preference) fresh organic pineapple chunks
* Pink Himalayan Salt And Organic Coarse Ground Black Pepper
* @18-20 oz BBQ sauce and more for topping, (I am not happy with any BBQ Sauces available at even health food stores, my BBQ sauce recipe is here)
1. Season Chicken (optional, some people don't season much in a slow cooker), and place chicken in slow cooker. Top with onions, then pineapple, then pour the whole 18-20 oz of BBQ sauce over the whole thing.
2. Cook on low setting for 8-10 hours. About an hour before it is done, carefully remove chicken from crockpot, shred it, and then return it to the cooker and stir so it can absorb some of the sauce as it finishes.
3. Serve on quality rolls with extra BBQ sauce on the side.
The Healthy Chef's Corner
"The Healthy Chef's" Deliciously Healthy Food Tidbits:
Onions and scallions are gaining more attention as prostate cancer fighters.
Bromelain, an enzyme of the Pineapple (mostly concentrated in the stem), has extensive health benefits, including helping with digestion, anti-inflammatory properties, and helps with skin conditions such as acne, rosacea, dermatitis, eczema, and psoriasis.
Pink Himalayan Salt is totally different from table salt in that it contains 84 minerals in perfect balance.