So glad you joined us here in Millie's Kitchen here today! Here in SC its raining one day and sunny the next. This off and on weather got me thinking today about how much the change of atmospheric pressure, moisture, humidity and level of allergies in the air all affect our health and how we feel. During this wacky weather, its crucial to take care of your immune system, which will take a beating when weather like this comes during the spring. That being said, eating well and getting plenty of rest along with some moderate exercise is more important than EVER!
Since Saturdays are relaxing days for some people and chances to get some errands or projects accomplished for others, I've got a great breakfast ideas for you that will keep you happy, healthy and energized!
~ ~ ~Millie's Breakfast ideas ~ ~
1. Top some whole grain toast with 1 tbsp. all natural peanut butter or almond butter and 1 tbsp. blueberries for an out of this world French Toast alternative:)
2. In a glass bowl, chop up a banana, top with 1/2 cup oats and 1/2 cup almond milk or fat free organic milk.
Place in the microwave and heat for 1 1/2 minutes. The bananas on the bottom will melt with the oatmeal as it cooks creating a naturally sweet tasting hot cereal:) Stir after cooking, let cool for a few minutes and enjoy:)
3. Blend 1 cup frozen strawberries with 1/2 cup fresh squeezed or natural organic orange juice, 1/2 cup nonfat regular or coconut yogurt and 2 tbsp. flaxseed for a well rounded WAKE UP morning meal:)
4. Scramble 2 eggs in a pan coated with nonstick spray and stir in 2 tbsp. flaxseed, 1 tsp. agave nectar or honey, 1/4 cup blueberries and 1 tsp. cinnamon for a GREAT twist on scrambled eggs. You'll never miss the ham and cheese again with this recipe. It's DELISH:) You can also make an omelet with these ingredients. Top with additional berries if you wish: )
5. Top a whole grain sprouted grain bagel like Ezekiel 4:9 bagels available in the frozen bread section,(because the grains are alive and enzyme rich, NOT processed like commercial breads lacking in nutrients), with all natural almond butter or peanut butter, and banana slices. Drink with some natural or fresh squeezed OJ: )
*If you're really in a bind, toss some whole grain cereal like Kashi or Ezekial 4:9 cereal in a the blender, add 1/4 cup any kind of milk, blend and drink yourself a cereal smoothie:) Add a few frozen or fresh strawberries if you have time to the blender for a lovely meal:)
Happy Saturday, and remember, eat well and live well<3
Heart and Soul,
* Being healthy doesn't have to be hard, email me with questions, comments, suggestions, etc. This blog is FOR YOU:) * email@example.com