As I say continuously with recipes that involve bread and meat, I am trying to think "out of the box" pertaining to the "gain-free" and "gluten-free" movements, by utilizing papaya enzymes to digest grains and meat.
I don't eat a heck of a lot or grains or animal protein (except plentiful salmon and pasture raised eggs almost everyday), but I can't see myself giving quality burgers and sandwiches up, nor do I feel the need to, as long as they are the highest quality ingredients.
Santa Fe Chorizo (or spicy turkey sausage) Burger
To Prepare the Burger:
* 1 Pound pasture raised turkey (or grass fed beef or bison, I avoid conventional beef)
* 1 Pound Fresh Chorizo casing removed, although I replace the Chorizo sausage with Spicy Turkey Sausage, Whole Foods has an incredible assortment
* 2 Tbsp organic Minced Garlic
* Handful organic chopped parsley
* Pink Himalayan Salt & Organic Pepper to Taste
Directions: Mix together, do not over-handle meat. Make into 4-6 patties. Grill over medium-high until chorizo or turkey sausages cooked through.
* 1/2 Cup Organic Mayonnaise (avoid mayo with Canola!!), I replace mayo with Dijon Mustard mixed with honey
* 1/4 Cup Fresh Cilantro chopped
* 2 Tbsp Green Diced Chile
* Juice of 1 Organic Lime
* Himalayan Salt to Taste
You may not need the sauce, just including it from original recipe, although you can still add any or all of these ingredients as additional toppings
* 2 Organic Avocados sliced
* 4-6 slices organic Monterey Jack Cheese, I prefer grass fed cheese
* 2 organic Red Peppers roasted, peeled and sliced
* 4-6 Burger Buns, I like Sami's Millet and Flax Buns toasted