I spoke about 2010 becoming my Pudding Year and today seemed like the perfect day to start this trend. I have a secret pudding addiction (mostly tapioca) but decided to make Old Fashioned Chocolate Pudding today.
Old Fashioned Chocolate Pudding
2 cups Mootopia Fat-Free Milk, divided
1/3 cup evaporated cane juice sugar
3 tablespoons cornstarch
3 large eggs
4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
6 ramekins or glasses
1. Combine 1 1/2 cups of the milk and sugar in a 2-quart saucepan. Whisk once or twice to start dissolving the sugar. Bring to a boil over medium heat, whisk occasionally.
2. Pour the remaining 1/2 cup milk into a medium bowl and whisk in the cornstarch. Whisk in the eggs, one at a time.
3. When the milk boils, whisk about a third of it into the cornstarch and egg mixture.
4. Return the remaining milk to a boil and whisk the cornstarch and egg mixture, continuing to whisk until the pudding thickens and comes to a boil. Cook, whisking constantly, for 30 seconds.
5. Remove from the heat, whisk in the chocolate until melted, then whisk in the vanilla.
6. Spoon the pudding into individuals ramekins or glasses. Press a piece of plastic wrap directly against the surface of the pudding to prevent a skin from forming on it.
7. Refrigerate the pudding until it is cold.
8. Garnish with Bittersweet Chocolate Chips.
This recipe is from my favorite cookbook Perfect Light Desserts by Nick Malgieri and David Joachim.
Yoga class was AWESOME! Have I told you lately how much I love yoga. I always leave with a little more love in my heart and a better perspective about life.
After class I got a Yogi Smoothie for lunch from the Bodhi Eco Cafe.
The Yogi is made with acai, blueberry, mango, strawberry with orange juice, supergreens, hemp protein and maca. It was very refreshing after a hot, sweaty yoga class and extremely filling.
Besides Pudding, I think I am going to try to incorporate smoothies into my diet.... it may be my new lunch. I am intrigued by the maca powder and already am sold on the supergreens so you may be seeing some 2010 Pudding Recipes and 2010 Smoothie Recipes. I love to turn new leafs and this may be one of them.
Time to get cleaned up for the day (finally) and pick up the kiddos! I can't believe it is already Thursday! This week has whizzed by and I am looking forward to the weekend. Have a great rest of the day and I will check back later.