Ok, so are you ready for this, we made 3 types of pizza this week in the Deliciously Healthy Household. You are all lucky enough to find out how to make each and every one right here! While I used to think my decision to go almost vegetarian with most of my food being almost completely vegan and raw would be annoying when trying to make dinner for the BF and I at the same time, I've now realized how creative it makes me! It is so much more fun to try food three different ways and slightly tweak a recipe I make for the BF to work for me and vice versa. It has actually made the BF's food sneakily healthier (and he doesn't even mind!) and it is required me to experiment with foods and flavors I never have before. Isn't that every food-lover's dream? Anyway, enough of the blabbing and on to what you really want, the pizza!
Quick Naan Pizza I decided to try this one out since the BF had some tasty looking whole wheat naan in the fridge to see if it would work for nights when the BF was in a pizza mood but with little time to wait for dough making. Now we have a quick fix pizza recipe that he loves! 1 Slice Whole Wheat Naan (pita bread would work just fine as well, but Naan is sooo tasty) 1/2 Cup Marinara Sauce (recipe below) 1/4 Diced Bell Pepper (any color or combo of colors) 1/4 Diced Onion Handful Diced Mushrooms 1 Tbsp "Cheese" Sauce (recipe below) 1. Assemble all ingredients on pizza, bake for 12-15 mins at 450 degrees and enjoy! Feel free to change the veggies to whatever you prefer on pizza and be creative!
Whole Wheat Flax Crust Pizza (sorry, I don't have any pics of this pizza, I will try to add some later!) This is my awesome standby pizza crust. It is super healthy, relatively quick to whip up (except for the rise time), and tastes amazing. The BF always raves about this crust.
1 Full Recipe Whole Wheat Flax Pizza Dough (recipe found here, I use sucanat instead of sugar) 1 Diced Bell Pepper (any color or combo of colors) 1/2 Diced Onion 1 Cup Mushrooms As much Marinara sauce as you'd like to add (recipe below)
1. Assemble all ingredients in pizza, bake for 12-15 mins at 450 degrees. I usually add the "cheese" sauce (recipe below) to each slice as I cut it for the BF so it tastes fresher (this pizza usually serves the BF for a couple days). Again, be as creative as you like with the veggies you love!
Wheat-Free Pizza This is inspired by the pizza recipes in the Thrive Diet book. I took some of his ideas and then melded them to form my own pizza which is amazing and delish! I honestly thought it wouldn't taste good since it wasn't a "bread" crust, but boy was I wrong. This is my new favorite way to make pizza! Sunflower Crust2 Cups Ground Sunflower Seeds 1 Cup Cooked Chickpeas 1/2 Cup Raw Sweet Potato 1 tsp Oregano Sea Salt to Taste
1. Place all ingredients in a food processor and process til mixed well, and mixture starts to ball up. I had to add some water to lubricate the process. Pizza1 Full Recipe Sunflower Crust 1/2 Chopped Bell Pepper (any color or combo of colors) 1/4 Chopped Onion 1/4 Cup Mushrooms 1/4 Cup Chopped Sweet Potato As much Marinara Sauce as you want! (recipe below)
1. Form crust into desired shape on greased pan. Cover with marinara sauce and veggies. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 mins.
Marinara Sauce 1 Cup Sun Dried Tomatoes 1 Cup Water 2 Cloves Garlic 1 Cup Chopped Tomatoes (I prefer Roma for my marinara) 1/2 Diced Cucumber 1 Tbsp Olive Oil 1 Tbsp Hemp Oil (you can just sub Olive Oil if you wish) 1 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar 1 tsp Oregano 1 tsp Rosemary 1/4 tsp Thyme Sea Salt to Taste
1. Throw everything into a food processor and go!
"Cheese" Sauce This stuff is awesome for a cheesey taste, with tons of health benefits and little fat! Even the BF liked it, no way! I totally love the Thrive Diet for giving me this amazing cheese sub!
1 Part Sesame Seeds 1 Part Nutritional Yeast
1. Grind both together in coffee ginder. Sprinkle over whatever you want to have a cheesy flavor before warming it up. You could add water to it if you want to make more like a creamy cheese instead of a grated cheese consistency.