Use skinless boneless chicken in this delicious recipe for Peach BBQ Chicken --it's not only lower in fat, but the tasty marinade easily flavors the skinless meat. Use assorted pieces -- breasts, thighs and drumsticks -- so everyone gets their pick!
juice of 2 limes (cut in half and squeeze)
1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
1 tbsp (15 mL) soy sauce
1 tsp (5 mL) finely chopped garlic
1/2 tsp (3 mL) dried thyme or 2 tsp. (10 mL) fresh
1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
1/8 tsp (.5 mL) black pepper
2 1/2 lb (1.25 kg) skinless, boneless (except bone-in skinless drumsticks) chicken pieces
1/3 cup (75 mL) peach jam (or apricot)
2 tsp (10 mL) balsamic vinegar
1. To make marinade, mix the first seven ingredients (lime juice to black pepper, inclusive) in a small bowl.
2. Place chicken in a non-metal baking dish just large enough to hold pieces in a single layer.
3. Pour marinade over and turn chicken to coat. Cover with plastic wrap and chill several hours or overnight, if you have time.
4. Just before cooking, make glaze by mixing peach (or apricot) jam with balsamic vinegar. Set aside.
5. Cook chicken on hot barbecue until done and juices run clear. Remember breasts cook faster than thighs and drumsticks.
6. Near end of grilling time, brush chicken pieces generously with glaze.
7. Close BBQ lid for 30 seconds to warm glaze. Serve immediately.